Batman v Superman teaser

Started by Slash Man, Fri, 17 Apr 2015, 22:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Slash Man on Sat, 18 Apr  2015, 22:45
In TDKR, Superman was kinda two-dimensional as an antagonist. If done right, we'll be invested in both sides here.

Alot of fans, who like TDKR, will say that it's a great Batman story, but not in terms of portraying Superman. Who comes across as more of a pawn for the Government and President Regan in the story itself. With BvS, I'm not really getting that as so much as Superman's intentions being suspect for alot of people. Thanks, probably, to Luthor's influence with social media and whatever.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 19 Apr  2015, 14:15
Quote from: Slash Man on Sat, 18 Apr  2015, 22:45
In TDKR, Superman was kinda two-dimensional as an antagonist. If done right, we'll be invested in both sides here.

Alot of fans, who like TDKR, will say that it's a great Batman story, but not in terms of portraying Superman. Who comes across as more of a pawn for the Government and President Regan in the story itself. With BvS, I'm not really getting that as so much as Superman's intentions being suspect for alot of people. Thanks, probably, to Luthor's influence with social media and whatever.

Exactly. Superman in Man of Steel made it very clear that he'd cooperate with the military on his own terms, and refused to be manipulated under any circumstances. Don't be surprised if this stance of his will leave him subject to criticism and scrutiny.

Anyway, the first teaser posters for the film have been released!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/431555-zack-snyder-reveals-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-teaser-posters#/slide/2
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Just a fun video incorporating Adam West and Christopher Reeve.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

That was great. They combined the words of the real trailer with the images of the old actors quite well.  :)

Quote from: The Joker on Mon, 20 Apr  2015, 14:17

Just a fun video incorporating Adam West and Christopher Reeve.

OH MY GOD I FREAKING LOVE IT! Hahaha!

What do people think of the brand new Batwing?

It may not have any bat-themed designs like in the Burton/Schumacher years, but surely it's better than the recent "Bat" in The Dark Knight Rises, right?

As you can see in the teaser, the Batwing fires and blows up crooks and their vehicles. As long as Batman kills scum while avoiding any moral cop-outs, I don't care. There were rumours that the Batwing is actually the Batmobile with the ability transform into an aircraft, but who knows?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

It seems okay to me, but I'd like a proper look at it.