Batman v Superman teaser

Started by Slash Man, Fri, 17 Apr 2015, 22:56

Previous topic - Next topic
For the voice, it's obvious he's in like a mechanized battle suit when he says it so does anyone else think that is just the voice he has while in that suit or is that just me?

And how many damn memes can there be made of one quote?! Ugh. I'm to the point that if anyone begins ANY sentence or question with "Tell me" I'm going to rip their hair out. lol.

I am finally sort of kind of sold on the idea of Ben Affleck as Batsy based on the trailer and the one shot of him as Bruce. I guess that might sound silly but I guess it just touched something inside that said "Ok this dude might really be good" lol. And the Jeremy Irons voice over, yes thank you. I don't usually go for British accents (no offense to yall here with one, just saying) but I think he could tell me to do just about anything and I would do it totally willingly. ;D

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 18 Apr  2015, 07:44
For the voice, it's obvious he's in like a mechanized battle suit when he says it so does anyone else think that is just the voice he has while in that suit or is that just me?

That's what some of us assume too.

I found this cool article about the teaser and the analysis on the negative attitude towards it.

First 'Batman v Superman' trailer goes dark and moody in a big way

This seems like the only logical way to follow up 'Man Of Steel' to me

By Drew McWeeny  @DrewatHitFix | Friday, Apr 17, 2015 9:40 PM

As I sit here this afternoon, my kids are playing Disney Infinity with some of the newer figures they've picked up, so I am being treated to one ridiculous battle after another. At the moment, Stitch and Green Goblin are fighting, which is one of those images that is so silly that you have to love that this game can create those absurdities.

This seems appropriate as people are losing their minds, both good and bad, over the now-officially-released "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" trailer. There's also been a good deal of indifference, which doesn't shock me. People had pretty strong reactions to "Man Of Steel," and it seems to me at this point that people are drawing battle lines over Zack Snyder in general. Right now is a pivotal moment for DC and Warner's plan for the next few years. Honestly, I can't imagine having to deliver a movie under the sort of microscope that Snyder's dealing with at the moment. No matter what he does, people are going to be watching closely and jumping immediately on anything that makes them unhappy.

I am on the record as being a pretty staunch advocate for "Man Of Steel," and one of the things that I immediately like about this trailer is that it clearly builds off of what many people disliked about the first film, and yet those same people are the ones who seem to be immediately disgruntled. I've seen lots of talk about the filmmakers "not getting" Superman, but I'm not sure how anyone can claim at this point that there is any one interpretation that is definitive.

Even more than Marvel, DC has seemed to open to a very elastic interpretation of its various iconic figures over the years, and as a result, you can have two people who are both fans of Batman who may like something totally different. If I meet someone who really only likes the Adam West version of the character, I don't dismiss them simply because that's not my preferred version. Same thing if someone's a rabid fan of the first Burton film. I may prefer the second one, and I can tell you exactly why I prefer it, but I am more than willing to accept that what I like might not be the same thing someone else does.

With Superman, I've grown very tired of the way he was portrayed on film. I like so many things about the character, but I felt like people just stopped at the Donner film and then acted like there's no other version that will do. One of the things I loved about "Man Of Steel" is how completely it felt like Snyder decided to do his own thing. I'm curious to see how he handles Batman and the other corners of the larger world he's helping to establish.

And if audiences really don't like this one or don't go (yeah, right, like that's going to happen), then Warner is going to have to take serious inventory of what they've got planned. There is a particular tone that this trailer seems to be establishing, and it's verrrrrrry different than anything we see from Marvel. That's important, because the worst thing DC could do would be pure imitation. It's more important that they figure out how to make their world serve the stories and the characters they're using, and I like that they are pushing things are far as they appear to be in this trailer.

We've still got a long way to go before 2016, and a million giant movies, it feels like, but this is a hell of an announcement for the general public who isn't dialed in to every little development at Warner.

"Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice" is in theaters March 25, 2016.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/first-batman-v-superman-trailer-goes-dark-and-moody-in-a-big-way#ozJ1aQY63deoOWSZ.99
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 18 Apr  2015, 08:56

That's what some of us assume too.

Oh ok. Cool. lol.

There's alot to digest and theorize about after watching that trailer, but overall, looking good. Yesss it does.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

And how many damn memes can there be made of one quote?! Ugh. I'm to the point that if anyone begins ANY sentence or question with "Tell me" I'm going to rip their hair out. lol.
This is the only one I've seen, and I thought it was pretty funny.

"Huh. The video game spin-offs don't usually get their ads out before the main thing. Well, the cut scenes look good. I wonder what the gameplay will be li - WAIT A MINUTE!!!"

But seriously - the aesthetics are a great departure from Man of Steel. Having disliked or hated virtually every aspect of that film's design, such a departure is welcome. The new look isn't really to my tastes either - if you couldn't tell from the above, I think it looks like a game - but it is more interesting and fun than its predecessor.

In terms of the content...meh.

The Bat/Supes conflict in TDKR wasn't an aspect of that book that I enjoyed. The fact that BvS is taking certain cues from TDKR is no secret, but this trailer reinforced that, and it also reinforced my feeling that this isn't going to be the Bat/Supes team-up for me.

I'm also reminded of Mark Waid's critique about the end of Man of Steel, about how Superman as a character isn't built for the no-win scenario. I'd extend that to say that I don't feel that Superman, or his world, are designed for the sort of Marvel-style conflict over superpowers that this film is selling. Your mileage may vary.

I'm worried about collateral damage. Supes and Zod's fight will be like a toddler tipping over Legos compared to him and Batsy going at it lol.

One of the comics I read had them fighting and one of them (I think it was Batman) did a narration thing about people asking who wins in their fights. He said "No one." And it's true! I don't get this fascination with pitting superheroes against each other physically but that's just me. I hope that part like gets over and done with and they can keep their moral conflict for all times if they want for all I care but work together damnit.

I think they'll have two main fights, and then a big climax where they come together to defeat the real enemy.

Obviously, there's a lot leading up to the fight; seeing the anti-Superman armor itself shows that they didn't just have a conflict by chance, Batman went in full-strength in order to fight Superman.

In terms of content, I like that we're seeing more of Superman's perspective in the fight against Batman. In TDKR, Superman was kinda two-dimensional as an antagonist. If done right, we'll be invested in both sides here.

Quote from: zDBZ on Sat, 18 Apr  2015, 20:28
The Bat/Supes conflict in TDKR wasn't an aspect of that book that I enjoyed. The fact that BvS is taking certain cues from TDKR is no secret, but this trailer reinforced that, and it also reinforced my feeling that this isn't going to be the Bat/Supes team-up for me.
I think the Superman fight in DKR completes the book. "And who will they send after you?," Batman asks Superman. Good question. The answer is nobody. This is the endgame.

I'm sure they team up in the movie, but only after battling each other.