Batman v Superman teaser

Started by Slash Man, Fri, 17 Apr 2015, 22:56

Previous topic - Next topic
https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/589197792662278144

Here it is, the official release of the glorious teaser trailer. We finally see Batman in motion. We also see the awesome armor he dons to fight Superman in detail at the end. We even hear his Bat-voice, which thankfully is not a Christian Bale impression.

The (regular) Batsuit looks awesome. The voice...eh, not the approach I was hoping for, but still better than Bale's. Kinda hope it's just the voice that comes out when he's in the armored TDKR Batsuit and that his voice in the regular looking one sounds a little more normal.

Not too crazy on the Superman stuff, but we'll see.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 17 Apr  2015, 23:11
The (regular) Batsuit looks awesome. The voice...eh, not the approach I was hoping for, but still better than Bale's. Kinda hope it's just the voice that comes out when he's in the armored TDKR Batsuit and that his voice in the regular looking one sounds a little more normal.

Not too crazy on the Superman stuff, but we'll see.
It's growly but not as OTT and grating as Bale's, so at least that's something.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I think there are way too many people drawing conclusions about Affleck's voice. I reckon it's premature to believe he'll sound like that for the rest of the film. For all we know, he speaks in that modulated voice because he's wearing that armor. People might say that doesn't make sense, but I disagree. Besides, Snyder is the kind of director who'd do things like this because it seems 'cool'. For example, Superman's apocalyptic nightmare while speaking to Zod in Man of Steel. Cool scene, but it doesn't make much sense if you think about it because Zod revealing his intentions of restoring Krypton at Earth's expense in that manner only makes Superman go against him. It didn't break the movie for me though, and it's not as bad as a lot of questionable flaws that ruined the Nolan movies that everyone prefers to ignore. And nobody has a right to make a fuss over Affleck's voice if they never had a problem with Bale's. I doubt he's going to sound like a "villain" for the rest of the film. But then again it's not the first time I was wrong about something: I was really sure people would revolt against Bale's voice in BB. :-[

As I said in the other thread, it's a teaser that didn't make me love or hate what's about to come in this movie. But if there's one thing I do like about this teaser, I'd say I'm glad that it's giving us glimpses of how the world is reacting to Superman's impact on humanity following the events of Man of Steel. Everything that Jonathan Kent said about how Clark could "change the world, our beliefs and what's it like to be human" isn't empty foreshadowing; it's actually coming to fruition. This is heaps better than, for example, all the hollow talk about Batman wanting to become a symbol of inspiration in BB, but then alll of that gets abandoned in TDK in favour of telling us what a great guy Harvey Dent was so Batman can take the fall on his behalf in the end.  ::) It's a theme that has potential to progress naturally and relate to Superman's progression as a character too, which is much better than having that stupid sonar stuff in TDK that did absolutely nothing for Batman's characterization.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Good to see this in HD.

Visually, it looks great. No worries there.

Some good meaty plot points about Superman's impact on the world. People tagging a Superman statue, railing against 'false gods'. Others kneeling before him, like he is a God.

So there's a juxtaposition around the world. Those who rail against his power, and those who worship it. In this instance, Lex Luthor and Batman, the two most powerful humans on Earth, are excellent character choices.

Affleck looks like a beast in the regular suit, and the TDK Returns armoured one looks believable. The voice is fine. It's something completely different but not comical. You cant argue he doesn't sound intimidating.

All in all, I'm optimistic about the film.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 18 Apr  2015, 00:21

Some good meaty plot points about Superman's impact on the world. People tagging a Superman statue, railing against 'false gods'. Others kneeling before him, like he is a God.

And yet, there are people who still don't like this theme. But they like a movie where Batman contradicts his faith in people's inherent goodness by taking the blame for everything that Two-Face did. Yeah, that totally makes sense!  ::)

There's is also the weak argument that it's impossible to believe that Superman and Batman co-exist, since lots of people never complained how Iron Man can take on Thor in The Avengers. I'm not condemning The Avengers by the way, but food for thought.

By the way:...

One word: menacing.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 18 Apr  2015, 00:31

And yet, there are people who still don't like this theme. But they like a movie where Batman contradicts his faith in people's inherent goodness by taking the blame for everything that Two-Face did. Yeah, that totally makes sense!  ::)
Adam West gets the bright knight tag. But in many respects, I'd find his approach emotionally stronger and more correct/sensible than Bale's. He wouldn't hide his friend Dent's crimes from the public. He'd have the full truth put in public view because he believes in the system, regardless of who is doing the crime or the repercussions in may have.

Doing something like that takes more of a man than running away, hiding the truth and taking blame yourself.

But anyway...let's soak up the greatness of this trailer!

The voice sounds better than the bootleg, but still not the approach I was hoping for.

Everything else looks great, though. Amazing teaser.

I reckon I'll agree with the consensus here. At the most the voice filter is unusual, but far too early to pass judgment. Personally, I love the delivery of such a simple line with the pissed-off demeanor you'd imagine from Frank Miller's Batman.

A lot of fans make a big deal about the smallest things. I remember when Batman was shown in costume, people were complaining about the bat-symbol. It's funny because it's clear that they had no idea that it was from The Dark Knight Returns.