Couple in the park

Started by Grissom, Fri, 17 Apr 2015, 01:15

Previous topic - Next topic
Saw this great movie last and wondering why at the beginning, the couple in the park didn't notice that the Cobble pot ' s carriage wasn't quite normal. Theirs wad nice and white but the Cobblepot ' s was dark and dingy and strapped down . I guess the script didn't call for them to notice. :)

Quote from: Grissom on Fri, 17 Apr  2015, 01:15
I guess the script didn't call for them to notice. :)

That's the easiest answer lol

They probably were so wrapped in their stroll in the winter wonderland the park had become that they didn't pay much attention. Of course I don't pay a ton of attention at that scene cause it disturbs me (I had nightmares that my parents would do that to me. I think for them it would have been a glorious dream lol) so I am not the best person to ask so I'll just shut up now. Bye.

I always thought this spot, given Batman Returns chose not to dwell on the Wayne back-story as much as the first, was the perfect place for them to insert Bruce Wayne's parents. To show just how different the childhood's of both hero and villain really were.

Obviously that is stretching believability even more so than whether they noticed the "Burton Pram" at all!

Quote from: Grissom on Fri, 17 Apr  2015, 01:15
Saw this great movie last and wondering why at the beginning, the couple in the park didn't notice that the Cobble pot ' s carriage wasn't quite normal. Theirs wad nice and white but the Cobblepot ' s was dark and dingy and strapped down . I guess the script didn't call for them to notice. :)
If you watch the scene, the other couple don't even look at the carriage. They look at the Cobblepot's faces and simply reply "Merry Christmas". It's important to remember the Cobblepots were meant to be a well known Gotham couple, so the prospect of them being up to no good likely didn't come into question.

I don't see what's unusual about the Cobblepots having a different looking baby stroller than the other couple.  :-\

I once read someone suggest that the happy couple might actually be the Waynes pushing baby Bruce. Bruce would be in the white stroller because symbolically he's a happy baby with loving parents while Oswald is in a black stroller because he and his parents are the opposite. And that we're seeing them literally going different directions in life.

I like to think this is who the happy couple and their baby are.