How did the Ice Princess now know who Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin was?

Started by johnnygobbs, Tue, 31 Mar 2015, 16:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Can anyone who's seen 'Batman Returns' explain how the Ice Princess didn't recognise who Oswald/The Penguin was when he entered her dressing room even though seemingly everyone else in the entire city was aware of Gotham's latest celebrity and the fact he was standing for mayor?  She thought he was a talent scout!?!  :-\

Even when Batman saved her she thought he was simply an 'ugly bird-man with fish breath', which suggests she still didn't know who he actually was.  :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Hi Johnny,
my guess is that the Ice Princess was a dumb bimbo so self-centred to only have a vague idea of the people around her, were they celebrities or not.
Basically, every thought she had on the situations she was in was extremely superficial and simplistic. On the ledge of the building for instance, she naively told Batman that Catwoman let her go because she had "reasoned with her girl to girl"  ???
Prior to that, it's also interesting that she didn't immediately warn Batman that Catwoman was still around when he was trying to set her free. That omission gave Catwoman the opportunity to viciously ambush Batman like she had done the previous night on the rooftop.

Quote from: Catbat on Thu,  2 Apr  2015, 22:07
Hi Johnny,
my guess is that the Ice Princess was a dumb bimbo so self-centred to only have a vague idea of the people around her, were they celebrities or not.
Basically, every thought she had on the situations she was in was extremely superficial and simplistic. On the ledge of the building for instance, she naively told Batman that Catwoman let her go because she had "reasoned with her girl to girl"  ???
Prior to that, it's also interesting that she didn't immediately warn Batman that Catwoman was still around when he was trying to set her free. That omission gave Catwoman the opportunity to viciously ambush Batman like she had done the previous night on the rooftop.
Great response Catbat!  :)

I'd never even factored in how stupid the Ice Princess must have been to either not know Catwoman was in the room with her and Batman or if she did know, possibly worse, to fail to warn Batman of her presence.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Thanks Johnny!
Actually it was your interesting post that made me think of how "dangerous" the Ice Princess' stupidity eventually was for Batman. Had she promptly warned Batman of the threat, he could have confronted Catwoman in a fair fight - instead, her lack of acumen gave the Cat the advantage of the initiative, just like when she served the Penguin herself on a silver platter as the easiest kidnapee in Gotham.
It occurred to me that in that situation Catwoman neither had a real tactical upper hand on Batman, nor she could try to distract/seduce him, since he already knew by then how hurtful that amusement might become. So in a way the Ice Princess helped Catwoman take Batman by surprise, to the point that he hardly managed to control her in the following fight - I don't know if you had the same feeling, but personally I was shocked to see her getting as far as grabbing him by his bat-ears!