Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders (2016)

Started by johnnygobbs, Mon, 30 Mar 2015, 15:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Mon, 30 Mar 2015, 15:14 Last Edit: Tue, 31 Jan 2017, 16:38 by Silver Nemesis
http://www.superherohype.com/news/335035-animated-batman-66-film-coming-next-year-with-adam-west-and-burt-ward

Awesome!

I love what "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" did in terms of bringing back some of the 1960s villains for cameos.  I hope the upcoming animated film will see a return for many of them (even if many of the actors who played them are now sadly deceased).
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I wouldn't surprised if they bring back most of the supporting cast from The Brave and The Bold for this. They should definitely bring back whoever voiced Joker.

The good thing about Adam West is he still sounds like his younger self back in the sixties, despite how he plays an over-exaggerated version of himself on Family Guy.  ;)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

But I don't think Burt Ward still sounds like Robin... :-\

Anyway, I am excited for this. I like the Batman TV show and an animated movie can be much fun.

BvS and Suicide Squad aside, this is my most anticipated Batman product.

The 66 universe still has much to offer. The comic series which recently ended was one of my favourite runs in recent memory. Simply, it was fun and had me hooked. The lighter interpretations of Batman manage to convey the adventurous element of the character more successfully than the grim/dark interpretations. And the more innocent time of the 60s is a large element of that.

I think it's important the brand holds onto that light/dark balance going forward.

Hopefully we hear more about this 66 animated movie soon.

West and Ward have dropped fresh hints about a new Batman project they're working on:

QuoteWell, I have a gag order...However... No no, me and Burt have been working on a new project that's just gonna knock your socks off, and believe me, it's our Batman and Robin!"
http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/31/batman-tv-stars-adam-west-and-burt-ward-are-working-on-a-new-pro/

Could this be the animated movie they announced a while back, but which we've heard nothing else about since?

That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Looks really fun! I've wanted something like this for a long time.

Too bad it wasn't made back when Gorshin was still around, but better late than never.

The animation looks really good. I cant wait to watch this. Day one buy for me.  :)

Finally we get something to chew on.

I like the animation style too. It's going to be fun.

Agreed.  The teaser-trailer makes it look fun.

Does anyone know who is doing the voices for the other villains apart from Catwoman?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.