Selina's eyesight

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 28 Mar 2015, 06:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Haven't seen this discussed, I know some peeps think that her "sudden" athleticism is a plot hole but that's because you're all a bunch of dummyfaces who don't pay attention to her saying "Maybe I should have let him win that last racquetball game" about her boyfriend, so she's obviously pretty damn athletic to begin with so it's NOT a plot hole :P but maybe this one is? She needs her glasses to see even two feet in front of her during the Red Circus Triangle Gang's little jaunt in Gotham Plaza, then Max pushes her out the window and all of a sudden her vision is perfect or at least good enough she doesn't need glasses? Do falls from a great height usually cure vision problems or is the test audience usually a little too dead to get an accurate result? lol

Same could sort of go for Pammy in Batman and Robin, she didn't need hers either after her rebirth as nature's arm, her spirit, her will...hell she was Mother Nature with 20/20 vision.

You know, I've always thought that Selina Kyle's near death experience enabled her to be reborn as the seductive Catwoman, and grant her the supernatural ability to survive death because of the creepy symbolic gathering of the cats waking her up. But now I'm beginning to think maybe she was always naturally athletic and only started to fulfill her physical potential - as well as her psychological instability - when she reached that "turning point" with Max Schreck.

As for her eyesight? My guess is that it was a sympton of her rebirth as Catwoman.  :-\
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 14 May  2015, 10:16
You know, I've always thought that Selina Kyle's near death experience enabled her to be reborn as the seductive Catwoman, and grant her the supernatural ability to survive death because of the creepy symbolic gathering of the cats waking her up. But now I'm beginning to think maybe she was always naturally athletic and only started to fulfill her physical potential - as well as her psychological instability - when she reached that "turning point" with Max Schreck.

As for her eyesight? My guess is that it was a sympton of her rebirth as Catwoman.  :-\
Or maybe she was wearing contact lenses.  :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Maybe she knocked a few screws loose  :P ;)

That is a good question that I never thought about xD Maybe it did reverse it? She walked home without her glasses  ???

Ok so somebody did bring it up: ME! lol. I was hunting for something and ran across this thread. Look at my post on the last page.

http://www.batman-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=1076.30