Why didn't the Ice Princess..

Started by Grissom, Thu, 26 Mar 2015, 01:42

Previous topic - Next topic
...step down off the ledge?  I'm not saying it's it's a goof or plot hole but was she really that scared, was the wind high, was the ledge thin so any little movement is dangerous?

I have no problem with the scene especially when Penguin throws the long dart.

I guess it's just a reasonable question.

Because she was a f***ing moron.

BTW it was "lawn dart." lol.

I think it may be difficult for intelligent people to understand but I think we are supposed to see the Ice Princess as a total idiot. To stupid to live. And that she has been spoiled and sheltered her whole life to the point that she can't think for herself or even take a simple action to protect herself like step off the ledge. She has probably been protected by men her whole life and simply has no clue about how the real world works.

Quote from: Grissom on Thu, 26 Mar  2015, 01:42
...step down off the ledge?  I'm not saying it's it's a goof or plot hole but was she really that scared, was the wind high, was the ledge thin so any little movement is dangerous?

I have no problem with the scene especially when Penguin throws the long dart.

I guess it's just a reasonable question.
I think she was the type who was always waiting for some Batman to come save her.  Plus, like JokerMeThis and Catwoman say, she wasn't terribly bright to say the least.

The ledge didn't look that thin or that high to hop off but she no doubt was waiting for Batman to carry her off rather than show any initiative or courage of her own.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Thu, 26 Mar  2015, 02:54
I think it may be difficult for intelligent people to understand but I think we are supposed to see the Ice Princess as a total idiot. To stupid to live. And that she has been spoiled and sheltered her whole life to the point that she can't think for herself or even take a simple action to protect herself like step off the ledge. She has probably been protected by men her whole life and simply has no clue about how the real world works.

I agree, and the Gothamites weren't that smart either since they were so quick to believe Batman pushed her instead of trying to save her. Granted, Penguin's "rats with wings" trick helped establish the deception.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Thu, 26 Mar  2015, 07:50I agree, and the Gothamites weren't that smart either since they were so quick to believe Batman pushed her instead of trying to save her. Granted, Penguin's "rats with wings" trick helped establish the deception.
Sure Edd.  But surely the Ice Princess was in an entire league of her own in terms of stupidity.  :-\

Yes, but I was only saying the Gothamites fell for Penguin's trick easily and were quick to forget the times when Batman protected the city.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Thu, 26 Mar  2015, 15:23
Yes, but I was only saying the Gothamites fell for Penguin's trick easily and were quick to forget the times when Batman protected the city.
I guess.  But maybe the Ice Princess was so adored by the city that they stupidly lost their heads as soon as Batman was connected with her kidnap and death.

It just shows how ungrateful they are I suppose.

She was waiting on a man...a Bat-man.

I guess that's the jist of it. Maybe she really embodied the "too stupid to live" motif.

:D