Dexter: New Blood

Started by thecolorsblend, Sun, 10 Oct 2021, 05:41

Previous topic - Next topic
New Blood has been pretty good. Not great, but not terrible.

As for the original seasons, S2 was my favorite, lol.

Five episodes. Spoilers.

Plainly, Harrison has a Dark Passenger of his own. And oddly enough, I think the personification of his Dark Passenger would be Arthur. I think it makes sense. We'll see if I'm right or not.

I enjoyed Runaway the most of all the episodes so far.

I'm also digging the over-the-top stuff that the Deb Passenger sometimes does like slamming Dexter against a mirror, hosing his truck down with blood, being one-woman cheerleading squad, etc. It's a sort of fantasy element that the show only did occasionally before. It adds a welcome bit of black humor.

One more episode to go. Obviously, another season of the show is a spoiler in and of itself. A huge one.

The entire raison d'etre for New Blood was to wrap Dexter's story up. But I'm starting to think that's not happening. The ratings are through the roof on this show and while nobody seems prepared to say it's the greatest Dexter season, the consensus seems to be that New Blood is miles ahead of the fifth through eighth seasons of the first show.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that at the very minimum, fans should expect Dexter to be alive and free when credits roll for next week's episode.

Well, that wasn't what I was expecting.......

Dexter got the best justice he ever could've hoped for. I don't mind how things played out.

Batista's involvement gave some false expectations. But otherwise, eh, I'm fine with it.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue,  4 Jan  2022, 02:03
If I were a betting man, I'd say that at the very minimum, fans should expect Dexter to be alive and free when credits roll for next week's episode.
Famous last words. I don't know how to feel. I could easily go scorched Earth and say the previous ending was better. But I did like New Blood on the whole. Elements of the ending felt out of character to reach their desired outcome. But then again, Bundy did kill young Kimberley Leach, which was against his usual modus operandi. These things can happen near the end of a serial killing career. I suppose I'm not against what Harrison did, especially if New Blood was truly the end of the line of the show. If it had to happen, I'd rather it be done by flesh and blood than somebody else. I don't think I'm interested in a Harrison spinoff with Dexter as his dark passenger, but my opinion could change. I need time to digest my thoughts.