Perchance to Dream

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sun, 2 Aug 2020, 13:50

Previous topic - Next topic
I can overlook Conroy's goofy answer there. (A) He's an actor. I don't think he's ever pretended to be a comic book guy at all. And (B) I mean, let's face it, guy isn't getting any younger.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun,  7 Nov  2021, 05:31
I can overlook Conroy's goofy answer there. (A) He's an actor. I don't think he's ever pretended to be a comic book guy at all. And (B) I mean, let's face it, guy isn't getting any younger.

The more I think about it, I'm convinced Conroy might've confused his description of Perchance to Dream with either the Dreams in Darkness episode, and/or a particular moment in the Arkham Asylum video game. Both of which had Scarecrow as the villain, which would explain why Conroy thought Batman got gassed, when he was actually mind-controlled by the Mad Hatter.

Dreams of Darkness and Arkham Asylum show Batman suffering from hallucinations of his parents in Crime Alley. In the other BTAS episode, he tries to warn them but to no avail. In the Arkham Asylum video game, he's walking down the hall as it suddenly turns into Crime Alley and he hears his parents talking in their final moments alive. Like in Perchance to Dream, Conroy plays Thomas Wayne's voice in the game too. Batman relives the grief of looking at his dead parents as he suddenly turns into his young boy self. Conroy didn't voice young Bruce or Batman with a drugged voice like he says in the video, but I suppose when you've been playing so many voices in TV shows, movies and games - in addition to the main character over the years - the mind can play tricks on you easily. Conroy might've also been thinking about the Justice League episode of For the Man Who Has Everything when he mentioned Bruce's past going in black and white, which was another episode that had Conroy playing Thomas as well.

Now I understand how Kevin Conroy mixed up all of his recollections of doing so many scenes and playing so many parts and attributed all of it to the wrong episode.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei