Suicide Squad

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic
TDK wlll love this.  ;)

https://youtu.be/NsmKQyXExQU

This reminds me of how I reacted when I first saw Ledger's Joker...and how everybody else ate up that interpretation.  >:(
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

So it looks like we shouldn't be taking this as an actual reveal. As I suspected earlier, it may just be a joke all along.
http://legionsofgotham.blogspot.com/2015/04/jared-letos-joker-wont-have-tats-and.html

Still, I can't blame people for taking it at face value when we didn't have an actual reveal up to that point. It's a shame, because that pic would've been a riot, had we actually known what the Joker was actually going to look like well in advance.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 26 Apr  2015, 00:41
Maybe the tattoos are just some promotional sh*t designed to throw us off? Hopefully?

Gee, who said that? Oh wait, I did.

A lot of times, people speculate that the promo pics are just "works in progress" and won't be what we see in the final film. I saw a lot of that in the responses to Green Lantern's mask/suit with Ryan Reynolds, Ledger's look, etc.

So far, it rarely turns out to be true and I don't think it makes much sense either. Why would WB deliberately promote a picture that's so altered from the final look? Especially knowing the fans' track record of crying out against major changes. Why spend the time to Photoshop all those things in, while in the middle of making a movie? If it turns out that this was the case, then fair enough (and I think it'll be a better look that people will be more on board with), but I'm not holding my breath.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon, 27 Apr  2015, 10:40
This reminds me of how I reacted when I first saw Ledger's Joker...and how everybody else ate up that interpretation.  >:(

Pretty funny video.  ;D

Not referring to anyone on this forum, but with all the Ledger praise that's still going around, especially following Friday's reveal, I've come to the conclusion that there will be a Ledgery lot that will absolutely hate on anything Leto brings to the table simply because it's not Heath Ledger in the role again. However, I do believe most people will be a bit more open minded than that, and the prison tats especially provided the ammunition, but in terms of fanboyism, It'll be similar to Nolan fanboys hating on anything Batman that didn't have Nolan's fingerprints on them. Ledger IS the Joker to them, when he's really one interpretation out of many (75 years worth even).

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It does seem like that. I recall when Affleck's Batsuit was first revealed, I saw some reactions saying that it looked "too bulky" and was like cosplay. (I see the cosplay comment a lot. I think it's telling actually when cosplayers come up with something better than what's actually done onscreen).

Even if Leto's Joker had no tattoos or metal teeth and looked like he leapt off the page, I can see hypothetical criticisms that Ayer went "too boring and safe" with the Joker's look.  :-X
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Is it safe to say that fans were universally appeased by the suit reveal? To the general public, there's always going to be detractors for ANYTHING. People are contrarians just for the hell of it, and I'm not surprised that people found issues with the new Batman costume.

Almost like they're setting the bar low for the Joker with the false "reveal" image, only to give us a much more classic design in the end. Not a solid plan, but I'm still looking forward to the actual reveal.

Thu, 30 Apr 2015, 16:54 #117 Last Edit: Thu, 30 Apr 2015, 16:56 by Travesty
There were set pics of Affleck dressed as Bruce Wayne on the set of SS. Today, he was caught in the actual Batsuit, and someone said they saw the Batmobile.

They think this is the first look at Deadshot. I wouldn't be surprised.

Are they sure Will wasn't just shopping? Not sure Floyd Lawton would have a cross necklace on lol.

Idk about the suit tbh, need a better closer view. If that's even him.