Suicide Squad

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Sat, 25 Apr  2015, 01:58
Oh Jack. Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack my old childhood hero of iconic movie super villainy  :( What are they doing to your beloved legacy?   ::)

I'm very sorry guys who like this but they just can never beat the glory days of Nick Dudman makeup and the magic of those Nicholson pictures taken by the legendary Herb Ritts. Movie magic personified...always!

I agree with you wholeheartedly there, mate.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 25 Apr  2015, 01:59
Wait, this is legit?

Not a fan at all. Ledger's Joker is better than this.

While I don't like the overabundance of tattoos and could've done without them, the crazed hysterical look on Leto's face reminds me of a classical Joker stare at least, and still gives me hope he'll be fun to watch. Ledger's Glasgow smile look just made him look depressed and dull in my opinion.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I don't understand all the hate.  I could do without the tattoo on the forehead but other than that he looks like a true psychopath and thankfully he's a lot more colourful than Heath Ledger's Joker.

Plus remember that this is an incarcerated Joker who has already gone toe-to-toe with Batman a few times, hence the broken/metal teeth.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Huh. Wasn't expecting that!

I'm still not sold that this is the final version; maybe the whole thug tattoos are just for the promotional picture? Take away the tattoos and metal teeth, and you've got a Joker that leapt right from the comic book pages.

Though if it is the final version, it could be worse. I guess it does show a Joker that's been through the ringer (the tattoos are pretty funny at least). Anyways, the acting is where it counts, and that crazed expression is a good indicator.

While I'm not surprised by the negative reaction, it's way more Joker-looking than the "Crow" look that we got last time.

Nicholson's design is still #1 for me. He's the only one who looked like he came from the comic book pages (specifically the Dick Sprang illustrations).
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

This is what Paul Dini said on Twitter:
That's a Joker who demands acolytes. I think Harley Quinn will fit in rather well.

https://twitter.com/Paul_Dini/status/591791197963685888

This sounds like he is endorsing this new interpretation.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 25 Apr  2015, 02:10
I don't understand all the hate.  I could do without the tattoo on the forehead but other than that he looks like a true psychopath and thankfully he's a lot more colourful than Heath Ledger's Joker.

Plus remember that this is an incarcerated Joker who has already gone toe-to-toe with Batman a few times, hence the broken/metal teeth.

I think a lot of people feel that we already had a grunge-looking Joker several years ago, and would've preferred going back to a more traditional look. I've constantly criticized Ledger's Joker many times in the past because I thought the scarred demeanor on his face was not only a huge physical change for the character, but it also made it difficult to believe that anybody would want to work with a guy who looked that manic. In contrast, the clownish demeanor like Nicholson had made him unpredictable; you could mistake him as a harmless trickster while he cracks a joke, until he unexpectedly murders you a minute later. Yet, the Joker would only murder his own henchmen out of frustration (i.e. Bob the Goon in B89). Not like how Ledger completely obliterates his entire gang after every crime he committed. The latter always stretched my suspension of disbelief.

The Joker thankfully doesn't have any scars this time, but the fact that his body is now tattooed and his teeth are made of metal means he still has that overly demented demeanor I think most of us still aren't used to.

It's now going to be interesting to see how Leto acts in the film. The only way I think I can fully appreciate this new look better in the film is if humour balances everything out. The crazed look on his face gives me hope, but if it's going to go one-dimensional like Ledger's Joker again, count me out.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The Joker having damaged tattoed on his head doesn't make sense to me. The Joker showing the world that he thinks he's damaged? Nah. The Joker is an eltitist who looks down on the commoners. He wants them remade in his likeness. This guy just looks like a thug. A tattooed henchman.

Very disappointing.

I wish they would give us some hints about Margot's Harley look, but maybe this "all Joker" stuff (including Jared's home pics)is supposed to be some creative marketing thing playing off his narcissism.

That was...unusual. I can't say I'm happy about this look.  :-\

It f***in sucks: bottom line. I'm sorry, but Ledger's looked better than this. Leto has what, green hair? Yup, that's it! Green hair, and the rest looks like he's a prison thug. Face tats and a silver grill for his teeth? Are you out of your f***in mind?!