Suicide Squad

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 17 Apr  2015, 18:11
I'd like to think that this picture is Leto messing around before getting his white-faced makeup. Already seeing people jump to conclusions on it being THE final look and hating it:
http://badassdigest.com/2015/04/16/jared-leto-is-either-boring-or-scaring-the-sh*t-out-of-me-here/

I really don't think Leto would be foolish enough to share out a picture of himself in full makeup before WB was ready to release a real pic.

People are really stupid enough to believe that? My freaking god.

See this is why I'm glad I'm here kiddies, where everyone is smart. Well, most of you. You make up for my blondeness :P

I don't know why anyone would think that pic of Leto is the final look of the Joker when it's obviously not... maybe they just wanted an excuse to rip the new Joker apart?

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 17 Apr  2015, 19:33
I don't know why anyone would think that pic of Leto is the final look of the Joker when it's obviously not... maybe they just wanted an excuse to rip the new Joker apart?

Probably.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 17 Apr  2015, 02:03
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Why'd you have to post it?! Wasn't the link enough?!

Great. I won't be sleeping for about six months now. Thanks Mr. Slash Man.
Haha sorry, I noticed your post just after I shared the picture.

Personally, I never liked the look they gave Ledger. I only warmed up to it on him because of his performance. That being said, I'd hate to see them try to replicate that particular look when they have so many other time-tested comic looks to choose from.

It's interesting that The Dark Knight Returns gets brought up again. Leto really doesn't look his age, but it seems deliberate that him and Affleck were both the same age. They're about 12 years younger than their TDKR counterparts, but I guess they wouldn't want them to be TOO old. Anyways, the TDKR design seems like a safe bet, though they don't seem to be using Janson's muted color palette, which is a good call in the case of the Joker. The bright green hair looks great.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=119007

Pasty face? No eyebrows? Bright green hair? Jared Leto doesn't quite look like the Joker yet, without the makeup, but still manages to look terrifying.

He's creepy as hell!

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/591761248859123713/photo/1

The first official look at the Jared Leto Joker is out and well...I'm mixed.

On the one hand, I like it better than the Ledger look. I'm happy the hair looks slicked back and neat, there are no "panda eyes," and the red lips aren't scarred up. It's closer to the traditional Joker look, from the neck up.

But I have to admit, after seeing Affleck's Batman, I was kinda hoping for a more traditional route. The tattoos might be in reference to Joker's dragon tattoo in All Star Batman and Robin, but why does he have a "Damaged" tattoo on his forehead? And why are his teeth metal? Because Batman knocked them out?

Hoping I like his look better with the clothes on.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

???

I might prefer it a bit better than Ledger's look, but Leto reminds me of Marilyn Manson!

I'd prefer if he didn't have tattoos, especially the one on his forehead. At least the days of that annoying Glasgow smile is over.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Oh Jack. Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack my old childhood hero of iconic movie super villainy  :( What are they doing to your beloved legacy?   ::)

I'm very sorry guys who like this but they just can never beat the glory days of Nick Dudman makeup and the magic of those Nicholson pictures taken by the legendary Herb Ritts. Movie magic personified...always!

It'll grow on me by the film's theatrical release but I am sorely tiring now of The Joker and other Bat villains who are becoming "safe" characters to use over and over. Much more interested in what Killer Croc will look like and (Will Smith's?) Deadshot. New era's require new blood in my opinion.

Oh alright then! The return of the purple glove!!! VERY Jack Nicholson! It has a single saving grace.

Wait, this is legit?

Not a fan at all. Ledger's Joker is better than this.