Suicide Squad

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Figured with its cast and filming dates coming together it deserved a thread. And who better to start it than the resident Suicide Squad-ite? ;D

Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 23:04 #1 Last Edit: Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 23:20 by BatmAngelus
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/suicide-squad-cast-revealed-jared-leto-to-play-the-joker-will-smith-is-deadshot-1201368867/

Cast:

Jared Leto – The Joker

Will Smith – Deadshot

Tom Hardy – Rick Flagg

Margot Robbie – Harley Quinn

Jai Courtney – Boomerang

Cara Delevinge – Enchantress

QuoteAccording to insiders, Jesse Eisenberg is also in talks to play Lex Luthor in the film, a role he will first play in "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," though the status of his deal is unknown.

QuoteWarners still has the role of Amanda Waller, the character who oversees the team similar to Nick Fury in the Marvel universe, to cast before the film goes into production. The studio's short list of actresses being eyed for the role includes Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey, whom sources say would be WB's first choice for the part.

Thoughts:
Very interesting to see Hardy come back and as a different character, but considering that his Rick Flagg will probably have hair, an American accent, and be thinner, we probably won't get any Bane flashbacks.

Leto's got big shoes to fill. I've only seen him in a couple things that weren't really Joker-like (Requiem for a Dream, Fight Club), but he's got the right look (once he shaves).

After seeing her in Wolf of Wall Street, I think Robbie is great for Harley.

Jai Courtney's alright for Boomerang.

Will Smith as Deadshot- did not see that coming. Hope we finally get to see him in full Deadshot costume, since neither Smallville or Arrow have done that.

Not familiar with Enchantress or the actress, so no comment there.

My vote for Waller is Viola Davis (though I admit that Octavia Spencer looks closer to the pre-New 52 version).
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

THE Will Smith?! How did I miss that?!

Wow this may wind up being my favorite movie ever.

Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 23:32 #3 Last Edit: Tue, 2 Dec 2014, 23:35 by Catwoman
And idk who the Enchantress is either. I've read all of Vol 4 and the first 4 issues of New Suicide Squad and there's no Enchantress. Of course there's no Rick Flagg either that I've seen, Amanda Waller runs it in Vol 4 and then her and this other guy who's name isn't Rick Flagg lol run it in NSS.

Speaking of Amanda Waller, I really hope the Oprah rumor is just some wishful thinking. I have nothing against Oprah of course, she's amazing, but it immediately becomes her movie if she gets cast. Even with Will's star power it will still (at least it looks this way) be an ensemble thing but Oprah is so...Oprah that she would take over the movie whether she wants to or not and that would really piss me off because if you haven't read some of my posts elsewhere I REALLY do not like Amanda Waller.

I would go with the lady from "How To Get Away with Murder." Never watched it, sick of murder in television, but I've seen her in like promos (both on TV and in magazines and on the net and stuff) so I would vote for her. Anyone know who she is?

LMAO!

I just googled it myself. Turns out she IS up for the role, hahahaha.

Viola Davis. Yeah. They should pick her. Even though I'll hate her character.

Since Hardy is playing Rick Flagg I guess this is the final proof, if any was needed, that this franchise is entirely separate from the Nolan one where he played Bane.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  2 Dec  2014, 23:33
LMAO!

I just googled it myself. Turns out she IS up for the role, hahahaha.

Viola Davis. Yeah. They should pick her. Even though I'll hate her character.
I see the svelte Kerry Washington is no longer being associated with the part of Amanda Waller.  I guess they're going for a *ahem* 'larger' lady, which is how Waller tends to be portrayed in the comic-books (at least the ones I'm familiar with).

Also, I agree with your point about Oprah potentially turning the film into an 'Oprah movie', although one might easily say the same thing about Will Smith turning this into a 'Will Smith movie', but Oprah is a great actress (or she was many years back in The Color Purple) and I could honestly see her in the part.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

In the new ones, she is much thinner and younger and actually quite beautiful.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Amanda_Waller_%28Prime_Earth%29/Images

Oh God. If she was the older heavy set version and I was in her squad my head would be blown up in like 5 seconds. "Did you call me fat?!" "No, I just said that maybe you should come out in the field with us on a mission and give your chair a brea*BOOM*"

REALLY looking forward to seeing Jared Leto as the Joker. If he fully gets himself into the role, as he did in Dallas Buyers Club, he will be nothing short of outstanding I'm sure, while at the same time, lessening that mindset of "Ledger IS Joker" to some extent.

Oprah as Waller is a very interesting notion. She's definitely a good actress, so no worries on her being able to play the part.

No worries on Hardy playing the Flagg guy either.

The rest of the cast announced should be serviceable in various ways and such, so it certainly has the makings to be an entertaining film.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

A guy who looks like Jesus just doesn't give me the Joker vibe lol. Wish they would have left him out and let Harley
stand on her own two feet.