"My Face on the One Dollar Bill"

Started by Slash Man, Tue, 25 Nov 2014, 20:44

Previous topic - Next topic
So this has been discussed before, a very brief deleted segment that gives us a little more Joker humor, an audience member holds up a bill, only to see Joker's grinning face and see they're fake. I guess the question is, is there evidence this was filmed?

The scene exists in the comic adaption, which shows it was considered fairly late in production. All other deleted scenes in the comic were filmed. Though what's interesting is that the comic clearly shows legitimate bills in the previous panels.

To my knowledge, the bills aren't visible in the final film. But props used in there have since surfaced, the best of which is this picture by Mark Jones of the forum, whom famously visited the set:

Here we see fives, twenties, fifties and hundreds. The comic used actual US bills (one dollar bills are visible), but the movie used an original template. So while we have definitive proof that "real" bills were dumped on the crowd, it's still possible that some were Joker bills. I guess the only question to answer this is have any surfaced? I read an article saying that Jones had some Joker bills in his possession, but that seems to be a slight miscommunication. They could have only used one for the scene where the audience member holds it up.

I should've consulted the script first...
QuoteANGLE ON MAN IN CROWD

Looking at his money.  The green comes off on his hands.

MAN
   What is this stuff?

TIGHT ON MONEY

A hand rubs the green dye off and we see underneath.
JOKER MONEY, with JOKER'S FACE on the one-dollar bill.

BACK TO SCENE

CROWD
      (CHORUS OF ANGER)
   This stuff is fake!
http://sfy.ru/?script=batman_production

Although it's a late draft, there's still various changes from the film in there, so nothing's confirmed.