Harley Quinn (2014)

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 18 Nov 2014, 03:19

Previous topic - Next topic
Is anyone else reading this comic? OMG it is the most freaking hilarious thing I've ever read. She is such a trip. And the way they draw her with all her expressions and everything it is nothing short of perfection.

The best part is this is like separate of what is going on in the main comic lines that are all tied together (even Suicide Squad) so it stays very light in tone all the way though. Plus the only people that die are bad guys that are trying to bring harm to our Harley so that is always a plus. There are a LOT of them though (mainly bounty hunters cause someone put a bounty on her head...you TOTALLY have to read that one though, you'll never guess who it is!...ok actually you might lol) but they always seem to die in kind of funny ways. And they have it coming anyway. Bastards.

But yea. Her personality in that comic is like the Harley we all know and loved kicked up about five notches. She reminds me of me at my most lighthearted and silly and blonde lol. She's who I probably would be if I didn't have all these silly inhibitions...like a fear of having a felony rap sheet a mile long. So that makes it even more fun for me to read and to daydream.

The Suicide Squad Harley is awesome cause she is crazy and a badass. This one is awesome cause she's crazy and adorable. Love them both. ;D

Correct me if I'm wrong - I don't normally read today's comics but I've noticed that any comic involving Harley Quinn has a lot of goofy slapstick humour. Which I tend to approve; a lot of comics today tend to go gritty for the sake of it.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Her title does BIG TIME. Suicide Squad is a bit gritty and more sarcastic with the humor.