Fantastic Four 2015

Started by johnnygobbs, Tue, 11 Nov 2014, 16:58

Previous topic - Next topic
I assumed that a thread already existed for the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyway, we've got the latest news on the project and how Dr Victor Von Doom, sorry, I meant 'Doom', will be portrayed...

QuoteDetails are beginning to materialize regarding Josh Trank's upcoming The Fantastic Four with star Toby Kebbell today spilling the beans about the altered origins of his iconic comic book villain, Doctor Doom.

"The thing I really concentrated on for Doctor Doom — or just 'Doom,' as we've got him — was the voice," Kebell told SuperHeroHype during an interview to promote the upcoming Blu-ray of his recent Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. "Even on the animated series, they never got his voice what I imagined it to be when I read the comics as a little boy... What I spent the majority of my time doing was not just being a fan, but being a bit of pedant and making sure I got exactly what I always wanted to see."

Kebbell got a bit more specific with Collider, revealing that there's no Victor Von Doom (or Van Damme, for that matter). Instead, he's playing an iteration named Victor Domashev who is an "anti-social programmer" and posts under the online handle "Doom."

Also starring Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan and Tim Blake Nelson, The Fantastic Four hits the big screen August 7, 2015. Check back for more information as it becomes available and look for our full interview with Kebbell closer to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes's Blu-ray release on December 9.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/321653-toby-kebbell-reveals-first-details-about-the-fantastic-fours-doom

So apparently Doom with be an anti-social computer nerd called 'Victor Domashev' (not Latverian super-scientist/dictator 'Von Doom').  Any thoughts?  :D
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Why is it that nobody seems to be able to make a good F4 film? I've read some comics and they're quite good.

to be honest it seems like a WB/DC approach; attempt to make the comics more mainstream instead of embracing the roots.

Too bad about the last series, they literally got half of it right. Galactus being a cloud was stupid but overall the plot of the second film was decent. Chris evans and Michail Childkis were excellent, Ian Groffuld and Jessica Alba not so much.

After seeing the teaser trailer, it honestly looks quite dull and uninspired to me. It seems like they're trying to "Nolanize" the Fantastic Four with the serious, grounded tone which just doesn't work because they're quite goofy and ridiculous to begin with. Hell, the visuals themselves reminded me of Interstellar. I have a feeling Josh Trank has a giant Nolan boner.  :)

Quote from: mrrockey on Thu, 29 Jan  2015, 23:36
After seeing the teaser trailer, it honestly looks quite dull and uninspired to me. It seems like they're trying to "Nolanize" the Fantastic Four with the serious, grounded tone which just doesn't work because they're quite goofy and ridiculous to begin with. Hell, the visuals themselves reminded me of Interstellar. I have a feeling Josh Trank has a giant Nolan boner.  :)
Yeah, the trailer didn't show any signs of the big disaster I've been fearing, but possibly even worse, it just comes across as a dull rote sci-fi film.  It looks like a late 1990s b-picture.  No colour, no inspiration, no identity.  And the worst thing is that the Fantastic Four has always been one of the most fun, exhilarating and colourful comic-books.

Personally I'm hoping this fails so that the rights can go to Marvel Studios ASAP.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I've read people comment on comparing the teaser to Nolan's "Intersteller" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus", and I tend to agree with some of that. If it wasn't for the actual FF title popping up near the end of the teaser, not much, if anything, about it made me think of anything I would call a "quintessential" Fantastic Four movie. Just dreary and drab. Yaawwwwn.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."