Rumour: Margot Robbie to play Harley Quinn for Suicide Squad

Started by The Laughing Fish, Mon, 10 Nov 2014, 08:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 13 Nov  2014, 17:37
I didn't know until I read her origin story in Suicide Squad that in the new dealio Harley went through the same thing and it isn't just makeup and stuff. I think I like that but I'm not sure lol.

Wasn't, and still not too big on Harley being bleached white just like the Joker. Something like that evidently being recreated, seemingly on a whim, just feels off to me. As that unique occurrence, ideally, should be a once in a lifetime type of situation with the Red Hood having leaped into the vat of chemicals, and emerged with his skin completely bleached permanently white/hair bleached green.

And as it's been said in this thread, I'm in the camp of people here who much prefer Harley's proper/classic appearance over the Arkham games/cosplay/Nu52 appearances anyways.  ;)

This, come to think of it, was something that was actually addressed in the Batman comics during the early 1990's, when a character named Curtis Base started masquerading as the Joker, which eventually resulted in the drawing out the real Joker into returning, and to which Base took a flying leap into the dip, in the hopes of being bleached himself, only to be dissolved alive (think of the squeaky toon shoe from Roger Rabbit and ... yeah).

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 13 Nov  2014, 17:37
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 13 Nov  2014, 07:47
Quote from: Slash Man on Thu, 13 Nov  2014, 07:33
This is stretching it a little, but IMO Hugo Blick was the closest onscreen match to the original Joker, face-wise.
In my humble opinion, you're right.  :)

Your opinion is never humble.
What is this supposed to mean?  :-\  I thought we were friends Catwoman.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

You being pompous has nothing to do with us being friends or not. As far as I know we are.

I'm friends with everyone I think.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 14 Nov  2014, 02:27
You being pompous has nothing to do with us being friends or not. As far as I know we are.

I'm friends with everyone I think.
Okay.  :)

But I didn't think I was being that pompous this time.  :-\

Suicide Squad is shaping up to be just as exciting as Batman v Superman. I mean, Joker, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor and perhaps cameo appearances by Batman? I'm down with that. And as for Margot Robbie? I'm not familiar with her acting but in terms of aesthetics she's a great fit. I think she has a cute/unhinged type thing going on. And it just takes a simple Google search to see how she appeared in Wolf of Wall Street.  ;)

I'm sold. lol.

This was on the Batman Notes FB page.

Just occurred to me!

This will be the first movie I have seen where I'm super familiar with the source material and emotionally invested in them getting it right. Kind of exciting and frightening at once lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon,  1 Dec  2014, 22:49
Just occurred to me!

This will be the first movie I have seen where I'm super familiar with the source material and emotionally invested in them getting it right. Kind of exciting and frightening at once lol.
Do you think you'd have liked the earlier Batman films if you'd been familiar with/invested in the source material beforehand?

Do you still like the earlier films?  :-\