Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Started by Edd Grayson, Thu, 6 Nov 2014, 18:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Shut up >:(

lol

I know WE have to meet our maker but there's not much reason why our wonderful fantasy characters should. Would you want them to do a Batman Beyond movie where Bruce dies? Eh, wrong person to ask, you'd cross your arms, nod, and mutter something about the Ice Princess so nevermind. :P

I'm sure if any of them go it will be Han Solo. Harrison wanted him to die in Return of the Jedi so I bet he gets his wish, if not in this one then in 8 or 9. Probably Chewie too, I bet they use the Millennium Falcon to block some big laser blast or something to give the new heroes a chance to save the day. Bleh. I will be sobbing lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 13 Dec  2014, 18:29
Shut up >:(

lol

I know WE have to meet our maker but there's not much reason why our wonderful fantasy characters should. Would you want them to do a Batman Beyond movie where Bruce dies? Eh, wrong person to ask, you'd cross your arms, nod, and mutter something about the Ice Princess so nevermind. :P

I'm sure if any of them go it will be Han Solo. Harrison wanted him to die in Return of the Jedi so I bet he gets his wish, if not in this one then in 8 or 9. Probably Chewie too, I bet they use the Millennium Falcon to block some big laser blast or something to give the new heroes a chance to save the day. Bleh. I will be sobbing lol.
They can die like heroes rather than feeble old men/wookies in a Tatooine retirement home.  There's no light speed on a zimmer frame.  :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

There was an end to Batman Beyond where Terry found out he was Bruce's son. It showed Bruce in what appeared to be a state of dementia.

I haven't heard anyone's opinon on that.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 13 Dec  2014, 19:18
They can die like heroes rather than feeble old men/wookies in a Tatooine retirement home.  There's no light speed on a zimmer frame.  :-\

Think they got some more years left in 'em before they become feeble. Look at Christopher Lee as Count Dooku. Nothing about him was conveyed as being brittle or weak. He was pretty bad ass actually, and I would assume Luke, even more so by the time of "The Force Awakens".

I'm sure the theme of 'passing of the guard' will be clear in Ep 7-8-9, but it's natural for alot of people to want to see the original trilogy characters stick around. All of them were key components in making Star Wars such a phenomenon, and with that, comes alot of attachment and interest in their further adventures. The expanded universe stuff certainly made that evident over the decades...   

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."