Harley Quinn Appreciation Thread

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 28 Oct 2014, 14:30

Previous topic - Next topic
I've never met anyone who didn't love Harley. She's so amazingly adorable, yet dangerous enough to be a threat to Batman. Makes her so all around awesome that i would vote her the best character (besides the B-Man himself of course!) on BTAS.

So, without further adieu, and as Harley herself would say, "WEEEEEEEEEE!"

She was awesome but Mistah J didn't appreciate her enough.

She was underappreciated by everyone. Except moi of course. That's why I made this post ;D

Let's start off with maybe her best episode ever: Harley's Holiday. All the trouble our sweet little Harley got into on her first day out of Arkham.

Idk if any of you boys have felt this, but I can honestly say there have been times I've daydreamed of getting after someone with the limb of a mannequin in a clothing store and yelling "Back off, Rich Boy! I'm armed! lol. And her outfit in that episode before she puts the costume back on) is adorable. I just still wonder why the animators wouldn't give her a navel. It was 1993 for petes sake!

One of the best scenes is when she takes Veronica Vreeland (poor Ronnie, she had no luck at all lol) to Boxy's place. First when Boxy is asking why he shouldn't kill her for ruining him and bringing the Batman after him and she grabs him and gives him a kiss. That's got me out of some jams too. ;) And then when he's going to get her again and asks if she has any last words. "Just one. BABIES!" lmao

"What are you doing? That's my father!" "No, that's your father IN A TANK!" ;D That whole sequence is hilarious with the general, Boxy, Harvey Bullock, and of course the B-Man and Bird Boy chasing her at once. But then it quits being hilarious when you see how upset she is. "I'm having a BAD DAY! I'm sick of people trying to shoot me, run me over, and blow me up!" You want to just hug her. Or I do. Idk about the rest of you.

I legit cry at the end where Batman pulls out the dress Harley had bought that got this day started downhill and says "I had a bad day too, once." So sweet. And then Harley gives him the peck, throws the dress away, and MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMWAH!

;D ;D ;D

The best part of this episode is there was no one to steal the spotlight. This was Harley's show. No Mistah J, no Ivy except an unspeaking role, just the Scarecrow's so hilarious scene at the beginning. Robin going "I think he's getting better" cracks me up. After that. it's Harley's show with everyone, even the B-Man, as a supporting player.

I like to think of this as the end of the road for her as a villain. I don't really like to include the redesigns in the story, you know? Even though Mad Love was amazing. And I don't like the Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker dealio because even though she is alive and well and on the right side of the law at the end, in the flashback scene, she's so...unHarley like. So unsympathetic. She's become as purely rotten and evil as the Joker at that point which I guess fits her unending love for him but I like to close my eyes, put my fingers in my ears, and go "Lalalalala nope nope, she got better after Harley's Holiday and Bruce Wayne gave her a job an she lived a wonderful fruitful life." lol

I never knew that our romance had ended
Until you poisoned my food;
And I thought it was a lark
When you kicked me in the park
But now I think it was rude.

I never knew that you and I were finished
Until that bottle hit my head;
Though I tried to be aloof
When you pushed me off the roof
I feel our romance is dead.

It wouldn't have been so bad if you had told me
That someone had taken my place
But no, no you didn't even scold me
You just tried to disfigure my face

You'll never know how this heart of mine is breaking
It looks so hopeless but then
Life used to be so placid
Won't you please put down that acid
And say that we're sweethearts again?

I thought I'd resurrect this thread to reminisce how cute Harley Quinn is in this show, mainly for Catwoman's amusement.  ;D

Who remembers that adorable little squeal she made when the Joker caresses her chin in the episode Harley and Ivy?

What about her only day out as a free woman ended up in a series of misunderstood circumstances and she gets sent back to Arkham Asylum in the episode Harley's Holiday, and she kisses an embarrassed Batman in the end?

I love the screenshot below. It shows how Bruce Timm knows how to illustrate cute looking female characters.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

From 2017, I think.

BTAS and TNBA Harley Quinn is the character at her peak. Everything else pales in comparison, in my opinion.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Wizard Magazine once asked Paul Dini if he had any...shall we say...certain fantasies about Harley Quinn.

The magazine was never really ashamed to ask cringeworthy questions, did it? Gives geeks a bad name. :-[

LOL

When I think of the stuff Bruce Timm has done since not being regulated by Broadcast Standards & Practices....

And Frank Miller discussing the Daredevil/Elektra pairing on the 2-disc 2003 Daredevil DVD interview segment, in addition to the topic of "Superhero Sex" like Wonder Woman being a better match for Superman than Lois. Which is followed up with a very peculiar look in his eyes....

Along with John Byrne stating on his forum that a former girlfriend role played as Wonder Woman (a character he had more of a writing/art stint on than Superman, BTW) for him, and how easy it is for a woman to spill out of the costume....

Ect.

Ect.

Let's just say that I am not surprised Paul Dini humored the question. Wizard (which seemed to have a near frat house mentality anyways at times) was probably very cognizant of this with creators.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Wizard catered to a middle school to college age demographic. Not exactly the most mature age range, let's be realistic.