score

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 25 Oct 2014, 22:13

Previous topic - Next topic
i need someone to help me identify a piece of music so i can try to find it to listen to cause i freaking love it and i tried elliot goldenthal's score on youtube and couldn't find this one. it's the music for the scene where dick is leaving the batcave, pushing his motorcycle, and chase arrives at wayne manor and alfred wishes her a happy halloween. very ominous but so awesome sounding.

is it blasphemy if i say that certain parts of elliot's score were on par with and maybe, just maybe (gulp!) a tiny bit better with parts of danny elfman's? their batman themes are both wonderful. some of elliot's damn horns get on my nerves lol but the majority of it is so good and heroic. very batman-y.

No harm in appreciating bits and pieces of other composer's Batman work.  ;D

I believe the cue in question is 'Batcave Closeout/Dick Leaves Wayne Manor'.

Goldenthal did do a good job with his main Batman theme. Catchy and memorable, even if it's not to my exact taste. But the main thing is it could be played in a variety of different moods. Heroic, reflective, sad, etc.

His Chase theme is very noir, and one of the better Batman cues. The piano section especially. 'Gratitude Problem' is also an excellent piece.  However for my money, 'Riddles Solved /Partners/Battleship' is the definitive Goldenthal track.

Not at all. It'll be nice to discuss the Schumacher era more. I do get fed up talking Burton all the time myself. We're hopefully not living in a dictatorship forum here. If we were I'd be leaving. Schumacher is no taboo subject.

I really like the cue when Batman rescues Robin from the Riddler's death trap which has a very mad cue title. I always refer to it as the "Dynamic Duo cue" as that appears to be the moment they truly become "Batman and Robin". It's a wonderful punch the air heroic piece of music.

The Riddler's theme is very spooky and underrated too. I like it's feel of incorporating the sound of electronics too. It's even a bit hypnotic sounding with it's emphasis on the brain drain aspects of his Box invention.

Then you get the tragic cue when Robin sees his murdered parents. It's a spine chilling moment that makes me sit up and always take notice. There is a lot more wonderful stuff to the Batman Forever score than merely booming horn works.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Sun, 26 Oct  2014, 00:34
Not at all. It'll be nice to discuss the Schumacher era more. I do get fed up talking Burton all the time myself. We're hopefully not living in a dictatorship forum here. If we were I'd be leaving. Schumacher is no taboo subject.

Off-topic, but have you watched someone's unofficial director's cut BF in the Batman Forever: Virtual Workprint thread? It's a well done edit, it fleshes out the story a lot more with the inclusion of key deleted scenes. Makes me appreciate the movie a bit better. I'd recommend it :)

Lots of people on the internet love to condemn that movie, but the actual plot has great potential. It's too bad that the overacting, bad jokes and neon lighting undermine it. Underneath it all, it has the making of the best Batman movie ever made in my opinion.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 26 Oct  2014, 00:29
No harm in appreciating bits and pieces of other composer's Batman work.  ;D

I believe the cue in question is 'Batcave Closeout/Dick Leaves Wayne Manor'.

thanks!

now to just find a way to listen to it. its not on the 'tube. :(

ok so i found it another way (shhh) but that wasn't it. i looked up the book for the full score that was put out a few years ago and for the one you said tdk, it said in the movie it was replaced by "batcave." soooo i looked up "batcave" and there it was.

so love it.

Batman Forever had a great soundtrack.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sun, 26 Oct  2014, 08:43
Batman Forever had a great soundtrack.

it is much more heroic to me than danny's. not a knocking danny's at all, it is wonderful with its own dark vibes. forever's is more of a "BOOM! hell yea kick their asses batman!" kind of score. lol. like when they think they've killed him with the gas explosion and they're celebrating and stuff and then DUUUUUUUUM! dum dum! DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUUUUM! dum dum! so bad ass.

danny's is much more deep psychologically. elliot's is just a straight up "here's the good guys, here's the bad guys, kick back and enjoy the show." which is a good metaphor for the movies.

and yes i was "singing" the music as i typed the dum dum dums back there. lol.

I think they're both great.

Although I still consider to be Danny Elfman's theme to be definitive the Elliot Goldenthal one is often the one that first comes to my mind.  I think it's underrated because of the films it accompanies.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.