Avengers: Age of Ultron

Started by The Laughing Fish, Thu, 23 Oct 2014, 10:01

Previous topic - Next topic

The trailer was released a week earlier because a low Res version somehow got leaked.

So far, this looks even better than the first Avengers movie. Thoughts?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I was underwhelmed, to be perfectly honest.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 24 Oct  2014, 00:08
Considering how excited I am for this film I felt similarly to you, but I'm still excited, especially when I take into context how much ground this film is going to cover, from the apparent infiltration of the European HYDRA base/cell, the introduction of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Tony Stark creating Ultron, Iron Man versus Hulk, and finally Ultron going mad and attempting to take over the world/The Avengers teaming up to destroy him.  Not to mention all the various team-dynamics (it looks like Thor isn't too happy with Tony Stark, and hopefully Hawkeye and Nick Fury will also have something to do).
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Same here, but I'm confident that the movie will be satisfactory.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 24 Oct  2014, 10:53

Same here, but I'm confident that the movie will be satisfactory.
I think it will be more than satisfactory.

The first Avengers movie is one of the best comic-book movies of all time.

It is, but will Ultron be as great as Loki?

I'm not as excited at this stage as I was in late 2011 when we had the first Avengers trailer. That being said I don't doubt this film will deliver. It might even be better in the sense that we have the whole "Avengers Initiative" out of the way and don't need to spend screen time to bring them together.

The Avengers fighting and quarelling with each other was one of the good aspects of the first film as well as Hawkeye becoming a villain for the first half, it could be interesting to see Stark on the other side especially if they set up a civil war.

Though if the civil war takes place, I wonder if they'll reverse the roles from the comics? Evans Rogers seems far more likely to sign off on superhero registration than Stark would.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sat, 25 Oct  2014, 20:59
It is, but will Ultron be as great as Loki?
No, he'll be even better.  :)

Quote from: riddler on Sun, 26 Oct  2014, 00:27
The Avengers fighting and quarelling with each other was one of the good aspects of the first film as well as Hawkeye becoming a villain for the first half, it could be interesting to see Stark on the other side especially if they set up a civil war.
It looks like Banner will lose it and might become the Savage Hulk in this one.  The shots of him shivering like a recovering drug addict suggests things will be tough for him this time around, and I look forward to seeing him go up against Iron Man in the Hulk Destroyer costume.

As far as group dynamics go I love the shot of Thor grabbing Tony Stark's neck.  It reminds me of Chewbacca doing something similar to turncoat Lando in 'The Empire Strikes Back' which Joss Whedon has referenced when discussing his second Avengers film.  It seems like the group are going to have plenty of reasons to be peeved off with Stark.

QuoteThough if the civil war takes place, I wonder if they'll reverse the roles from the comics? Evans Rogers seems far more likely to sign off on superhero registration than Stark would.
I don't think so.

Remember that Steve Rogers, who makes a habit of snooping around, already has very good reason to be suspicious of the government following the events of 'The Winter Soldier' whereas Tony Stark has always had an, admittedly uneasy but mutually beneficial, alliance with the government who he contracts his weapons to.

I think Tony will want to redeem himself with the government and the public at large after precipitating the events of The Age of Ultron and will align himself with the government via the Superhero Registration Act, which will be a big shame for him because it will only further solidify him as a villain of sorts, at least in the audience's eyes.

I was also a lot more excited for the first Avengers movie too, but I'm still eager to see this one.

What makes you say Ultron will be better than Loki, Johnnygobbs?  :)