What's your favourite Joker episode in BTAS?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sat, 18 Oct 2014, 05:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 18 Oct 2014, 05:50 Last Edit: Tue, 21 Oct 2014, 10:45 by The Laughing Fish
My favourite Joker episode would have to be my namesake - The Laughing Fish.  ;D

This was about Joker trying to copyright fish by infecting them with his smiling venom so he can gain financially...despite the fact that nobody can copyright fish because they are a natural resource.   ;D

This episode was adapted from the story with the same name and the follow-up Sign of the Joker by Steve Engelhart and Marshall Rogers back in 1978. Except for the Silver St Cloud stuff and Hugo Strange's ghost, the episode mostly stays loyal to key plot-points i.e. Batman trying to protect one copyright legislator - G. Carl Francis - from getting gassed before realising the gas was specifically targeted for the victim, and Batman disguising himself as the Joker's next target. But the only difference is that both victims were poisoned to death in the comic, whereas in the episode, Batman uses an antidote to save both men's lives. The episode copies a number of lines from the comic e.g. "If colonel whats-his-name can have chickens when they don't have mustaches".  :D

The episode also contains some elements from Joker's Five Way Revenge by Dennis O'Neil in 1973, where Joker escapes jail and goes after his entire gang for ratting him out. There is a scene where Batman tries to sacrifice himself to save a hostage from getting eating alive by a shark, but Joker sends both men into the shark tank. In this episode, the same thing happens, except Bullock tracks down the Joker but gets captured. Both versions have Batman fighting off the shark with a chain and freeing himself.

A top episode inspired by two fun stories from the 1970s.  :)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

idk that this was my favorite but harley was completely adorable in it. i like fish, but her reactions to it were hilarious and the part where she thinks she's going to get to be joker's mermaid (complete with her squeal! so adorbs!) only to get the fish mascot head pulled over her head.

"you're really sick, you know that boss?"

"mmmm hmmm."

lmao! and then he uses the whoopee cushion for a signal. it was so hilarious. so joker!

Joker's Favor was very good too.

I have one question about the Joker in Baman TAS: Why doesn't he have green hair? I love this Joker but I've always wondered why.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 18 Oct  2014, 05:54
idk that this was my favorite but harley was completely adorable in it. i like fish, but her reactions to it were hilarious and the part where she thinks she's going to get to be joker's mermaid (complete with her squeal! so adorbs!) only to get the fish mascot head pulled over her head.

"you're really sick, you know that boss?"

"mmmm hmmm."

lmao! and then he uses the whoopee cushion for a signal. it was so hilarious. so joker!

The funniest part to me was the Joker snapping at the camera after the fake ad, by demanding to get his legal cut of the profits of the fish. When Bullock demands the cop to change the channel, the Joker's face appears on  on every TV station as he giggles.  ;D

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue, 21 Oct  2014, 20:08
Joker's Favor was very good too.

I have one question about the Joker in Baman TAS: Why doesn't he have green hair? I love this Joker but I've always wondered why.

I might be wrong, but one reason I could think of is that the Joker's hair had black streaks in the comics to make the illustration and animation look clearer. It's a bit like how Batman's cape and cowl is supposed to black, but illustrators chose to render it blue sometimes so Batman meshes well with the background. :-\
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei