after years of watching this movie, something finally hit me

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 18 Oct 2014, 02:01

Previous topic - Next topic
It's true that Joker was the most cold-blooded out of all of them. Especially since he did awful things just for laughs.

But at the same time, I thought Shreck was very cunning and callous in the way he manipulated people just to get what he wanted.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

max to me was the worst. the joker at least had insanity as an excuse.

Penguin was pretty bad too, he wanted to drown the babies.

Penguin just wanted attention and to be accepted. Not defending any of his plans, but he was driven that way by society.

I understand that his parents did the same to him but that's no reason to condemn innocent babies.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue, 21 Oct  2014, 20:47
I understand that his parents did the same to him but that's no reason to condemn innocent babies.
That's not really what I'm saying; the Penguin had murder and revenge on his mind when he tried to manipulate Shreck, but the idea of becoming accepted in society overrode that, and he actually put that aside. Once that went down again, he reverted back to his original intentions. Even though Batman caused that, you can't blame him because he was just looking out for himself.

Max Shreck just looks so cool in this movie. He's got a handsome face and he's also got that really cool, fantasy hair and that suit is just so awesome. And he's really smart and says all sorts of clever things. I wouldn't mind being a good version of Max Shreck for a day maybe.

I've seen that hair in real life before, it's not a big fantasy. :P But yes, a Max Shreck using his genius and intuition (and other...assets...) for good would be nice