after years of watching this movie, something finally hit me

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 18 Oct 2014, 02:01

Previous topic - Next topic
max is hot.

lol.

idk, i guess since i'm getting older and i always looked at him as like the old evil guy and never really LOOKED at him but now i'm older and FINALLY starting to maybe mature a little bit, i've started to find him more than a bit attractive in an evil power hungry sexist chauvanistic murderous sort of way. who knew i was even capable of such deductions? ;D of course he probably wound have defenestrated me a loooong time ago, but hey, who doesn't have their hang ups?

i promise i'm not losing my mind! but if i start coming onto OSWALD (yes i totally just trolled him there, see i'm only STARTING to mature) get me help IMMEDIATELY.

HAHAHAHAHA

OMG

i freaking choked on the piece of hard candy i was sucking on when i read that. that was great!!!!

has it been acknowledged that him being electrocuted at the end was kind of funny seeing as he was so eager for power earlier? he got it. lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 18 Oct  2014, 11:50
has it been acknowledged that him being electrocuted at the end was kind of funny seeing as he was so eager for power earlier? he got it. lol.
Remember, there's no such thing as too much power.  Shame on you Catwoman.  :P
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Never realized how he ended up dying of "too much power." Clever, Burton.  8)

As a businessman, Shreck was charming and handsome, as well as cunning and manipulative. You need to ask yourself; who was the most dangerous villain of Batman Returns? In terms used by the Penguin, Shreck's "mask" was that of a lovable social figure

Quote from: Slash Man on Sun, 19 Oct  2014, 06:47
Never realized how he ended up dying of "too much power." Clever, Burton.  8)

As a businessman, Shreck was charming and handsome, as well as cunning and manipulative. You need to ask yourself; who was the most dangerous villain of Batman Returns? In terms used by the Penguin, Shreck's "mask" was that of a lOvable social figure

I was thinking about who is the most heinous villain in the Burton movies recently. Joker killed Bruce's parents gassed people to death, Penguin was a deviant, and Shreck was a cold blooded manipulator who didn't care who he hurt...except for his son. All of them are depraved, but at the same time they have some degree of humanity inside them.  :-\
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I'd say Joker was the worst. He did seem funny to us, but he even killed his closest friend Bob just because he was mad. And he was insane as Jack Napier too.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 19 Oct  2014, 07:16
I was thinking about who is the most heinous villain in the Burton movies recently. Joker killed Bruce's parents gassed people to death, Penguin was a deviant, and Shreck was a cold blooded manipulator who didn't care who he hurt...except for his son. All of them are depraved, but at the same time they have some degree of humanity inside them.  :-\
I was just speaking in terms of Batman Returns, where indeed there were three villains, but people seem to discount Max because he's not a "super villain." But at the same time, he's still able to do a considerable amount of harm, and cover his tracks quite well.

In terms of the whole series, then yeah, I'd say the Joker. I actually believe there's no humanity left in him. In fact, it was gone when he was still Jack; he just covered it up. Keep in mind that Jack remorselessly killed Bruce's parents, and it looked like he would have pulled the trigger on a child Bruce if Joe didn't rush him away. This all culminated in the gassing of the city, where he just wanted to cause as much destruction as possible. Then there's smaller things, like killing Bob, and then attempting to kill Vicki the minute she chooses Batman over him.