My Lego Gotham

Started by GBglide, Sat, 11 Oct 2014, 23:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Slash Man on Wed, 26 Nov  2014, 00:21
Wow, I just stumbled upon this, but it'll be a blast to follow. Can't wait until you get to the major locations in the film (the Flugelheim Museum, Monarch Theater, Town Hall, Gotham Cathedral).

Also, where did you find the names of the buildings? Were those in Furst's sketches?

The Wayne Tower has been called that in the comics.
The Kane Building was named after a post earthquake building that looked similar (and Bob Kane).
The Stilt Building was named that because it is held up on one side by scaffolding.
I should start naming more after Batman writers/creators.

Ok I figured out how to make the little figures, so I made a Batsy (got the cowl, cape, everything) but do they not have the chest prints? He looks kind of silly  :-\

I was going to make my own little mini Gotham but if you can't make the figures look like the real Lego figures then I guess there's no real point, you know?

Hmm. I've never tried to make minifigs with the program, since my buildings are not to scale with them.

The "Greene Building".

This one was a real hassle, the color I chose (Sand Green) was only available in central Europe. It must have been from sets exclusively released over there.

Just seeing this thread! awesome!

Lego is a big thing in this house.

Quote from: GBglide on Tue, 23 Dec  2014, 23:57
The "Greene Building".

This one was a real hassle, the color I chose (Sand Green) was only available in central Europe. It must have been from sets exclusively released over there.

I've seen some cool custom ideas but this might be the coolest. I love all the thought and effort you're putting into it!

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat,  3 Jan  2015, 01:52
I've seen some cool custom ideas but this might be the coolest. I love all the thought and effort you're putting into it!

Thanks, I should have another building up soon.

Thu, 22 Jan 2015, 00:58 #19 Last Edit: Thu, 22 Jan 2015, 18:32 by GBglide
The "Finger Building".

This one was much easier due to the colors I chose.