RIP Jan Hooks

Started by johnnygobbs, Fri, 10 Oct 2014, 00:36

Previous topic - Next topic
I am very sad to report that the lovely and talented Jan Hooks who played Jen in 'Batman Returns' and was known for being a member of one of Saturday Night Live's best casts (late 80s to early 90s) died at the far too young age of 57 on 9 October.

Here she is in a great scene in Burton's debut film, 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure':

And during the image consultant scene in 'Batman Returns' as the beautiful Jen:

Rest in Peace Jan Hooks
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

she was great on Saturday night live especially playing Kathy Lee Gifford.

Sat, 18 Oct 2014, 01:46 #3 Last Edit: Sat, 18 Oct 2014, 01:48 by The Dark Knight
Sad news.

Her appearance in BR is small but significant. Someone who is bright eyed and optimistic about the prospect of Mayor Penguin by offering advice. When Josh's nose is chewed, her opinion changes. Check out the glare she gives Penguin during his "fill her void" comment. At that point, I'm sure she knew he was nothing but an animalistic creature up to no good - not the romanticised darling portrayed in the election advertising. Others realised this later.

RIP.

I was very sad when I heard the news. She was really cute and funny in this movie. What a precious jewel of a human being she was. She was always one of my favorite Saturday Night Live cast members. Based on what I've read about her she was a very delightful woman and human being. Judging from online reaction to the news of her death she has more fans than could be numbered who love her. I'm starting to get tears in my eyes just as I'm typing this.  :(

RIP Jan Hooks