why are YOU a batman fan?

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 7 Oct 2014, 06:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Also, because he never gives up despite the huge odds. Superman isn't the most inspirational hero.

Alright. Kitty's turn. ;D

For me it started with reruns of the TV show, Tim's two movies, and the animated series. Those all came out around the same time so my like formative years were loaded with Batman. And I loved it all four of those. The characters, the stories, the themes, and I may be a bad girl now and then but I like the lesson that in the end good always wins. Good escape from the real world....

I love the story of Batman and what he stands for. One man, shattered as a child by the murder of his parents right in front of him, training his mind and body to become the most brilliant detective and athletic fighting machine ever. He has the means to bring Gotham City to its knees and be the worst villain ever. Instead, he uses it in a never ending quest for good. I love that, even though it makes me feel bad because I'd probably have opted for all the money and power in the world instead lol.

Of course I love the villains too, at least in the movies and shows I mentioned above and the Joel Schumacher movies. They're so interesting and entertaining in their own ways and even though you want Batman to stop them before they kill more people or blow Gotham off the map or something, they're like endearing to you. The Gotham Girls especially, of course ;) The good thing about the cartoon is that, even though they had some pretty evil plots, since it was a kids show they couldn't make them so devilish and murderous that you hate them. You kind of hope they eventually all got rehabilitated and got together once a year for a "recovered supervillains of Gotham" picnic and laughed and said "Hey remember when?" lol. Even Joker. The movies had a bit more true evil (The Joker, Max) but the rest of those villains were sympathetic to a degree because of their origins. None of them started out evil and they were all pushed that direction by the outside world. They had to be stopped and Penguin and Two-Face's deaths are sort of like a rabid dog being put down. They killed and did horrid things but you still feel sympathy for them. The ones who survived their movies, you still hope they found some rehabilitation somehow and one day rejoined society. Insanity, especially the criminal kind, is a bitch to fix though.  :-\

TDK said it well about Batman never giving up despite huge odds. The fact that he is an ordinary human doing such extraordinary things for the sake of justice makes him so inspirational and awesome. Superman, it's like he is playing a video game on easy lol.

So yea. There's why I love Batman, both the character and the universe. :)

I thought the Burton films made you a fan, Kitty.  Do you prefer the Schumacher ones now?  :-\

By the way, and I know it's off-topic for this particular thread, but how's your fanfic/Batman quadrilogy re-write going?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 29 Oct  2014, 00:52
I thought the Burton films made you a fan, Kitty.  Do you prefer the Schumacher ones now?  :-\

How'd you get any of that out of what I said? lol

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 29 Oct  2014, 01:05
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 29 Oct  2014, 00:52

How'd you get any of that out of what I said? lol
Sorry.  I only saw the name Schumacher and assumed you liked him best.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it would mean that you'd no longer rank the Burton ones as your favourite.  :-\

Anyway, it's my fault for misreading your last post.  Whoops!
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Did you read it at all? Lol.