Marvel's Agent Carter (ABC)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 25 Sep 2014, 20:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Agent Carter, the second TV show to take place in the MCU, will debut next year in January. I'm definitely more interested in Marvel's Netflix shows than their ABC offerings, but this is shaping up to be more interesting than I initially thought it would.

It's great to see Dugan and the Howling Commandoes back in action.

I liked her in Captain America: The First Avenger, and thought her appearance in Winter Soldier was incredibly bittersweet for Steve Rogers, but I'm warming up to checking this out more and more. Missed the opening show for Season 2 of AOS, but I understand Crusher Creel's (Absorbing Man) appearance went over pretty well. I really need to catch up on Season 1, as I never got as far as the Hydra episodes.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

also the actor who played Howard stark will reprise his role. Should be an interesting prequel show.

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 25 Sep  2014, 23:05I liked her in Captain America: The First Avenger, and thought her appearance in Winter Soldier was incredibly bittersweet for Steve Rogers, but I'm warming up to checking this out more and more. Missed the opening show for Season 2 of AOS, but I understand Crusher Creel's (Absorbing Man) appearance went over pretty well. I really need to catch up on Season 1, as I never got as far as the Hydra episodes.

I'm in a similar situation. I watched the first six or seven episodes of the first season, and I recently caught reruns of the last two episodes. I haven't seen any of season 2 yet, but I've heard the show has drastically improved.

Apparently Agent Carter, which I think is a miniseries, will be shown during the mid-season break in early 2015. So it's likely to tie in with events from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which makes catching up on that show a wise choice. But it's going to be tough keeping up with the MCU at this rate. The schedule for the next year currently goes:

•   The first half of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2 (now until Christmas)
•   Agent Carter (early 2015)
•   The second half of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2 (New Year-spring 2015)
•   Avengers: Age of Ultron (April 2015)
•   Daredevil season 1 (May 2015)
•   Ant-Man (July 2015)
•   Jessica Jones season 1 (late 2015)
•   Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 (late 2015)

It's a good time to be a Marvel fan. :)

Quote from: riddler on Thu, 25 Sep  2014, 23:34
also the actor who played Howard stark will reprise his role. Should be an interesting prequel show.

I'm glad to hear Cooper's on board. Speaking of which, did anyone notice the cameo by the original android Human Torch during Stark's first scene in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)?

I totally missed this and only found out about it recently. It's good that Marvel is allowed to use the original Golden Age Human Torch. It makes me wish they'd make more wartime films with Cap, Agent Carter, the Howling Commandoes, the Human Torch and Namor.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 27 Sep  2014, 19:24
I'm glad to hear Cooper's on board. Speaking of which, did anyone notice the cameo by the original android Human Torch during Stark's first scene in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)?

I totally missed this and only found out about it recently. It's good that Marvel is allowed to use the original Golden Age Human Torch. It makes me wish they'd make more wartime films with Cap, Agent Carter, the Howling Commandoes, the Human Torch and Namor.

Yessss! I remember reading, or maybe even seeing a blurry image, of Jim Hammond's quick cameo in Captain America: The First Avenger prior to seeing the film itself. Though it was pretty nice wink to the fans aware of Marvel's Golden Age period, to which the Golden Age Human Torch (along with Toro) played a significant role. It also came across as something of a wink to Chris Evans' past superhero role as well. I also remember seeing the movie again with a buddy and informing him of who the Golden Age Torch was, what he looked like, and pointing him out during the movie itself.

I also think a war time film concentrating on Marvel's Golden Age characters would be alot of fun to see. One thing I would love to see, since it's a noteworthy moment in Marvel comics history, is the initial battle between Torch and the Sub Mariner. Though the epic scope of their battle would have to be severely downplayed, as the death toll would be considerable due to Namor's actions in flooding NYC!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 28 Sep  2014, 01:08It also came across as something of a wink to Chris Evans' past superhero role as well.

Lol I actually forgot Evans played the Human Torch. I've blocked those films from my memory.

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 28 Sep  2014, 01:08I also think a war time film concentrating on Marvel's Golden Age characters would be alot of fun to see. One thing I would love to see, since it's a noteworthy moment in Marvel comics history, is the initial battle between Torch and the Sub Mariner. Though the epic scope of their battle would have to be severely downplayed, as the death toll would be considerable due to Namor's actions in flooding NYC!

A Human Torch versus Sub Mariner movie would be amazing! I hope Marvel does make some more historical superhero films eventually. They've scratched the surface of the Golden Age with CA:TFA and now the Agent Carter series, but there's so much more they could do with it. I also like the idea of exploring the Silver/Bronze Age period in between the war years and the modern era. I think we'll get our first glimpse of those interim years with Michael Douglas' Hank Pym in Ant-Man. It would be cool if there was a whole other generation of MCU heroes that existed between WW2 and now.

sadly this show has been cancelled after two seasons. Shame. I was enjoying it, got up to episode 6 in season 2 and thought it was better than Agents of SHIELD