Supergirl (CBS)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sat, 20 Sep 2014, 16:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Looking forward to seeing Superman next season. The character and his world seems to thrive best on TV, as far as adaptations go.

The last time we saw a live action pairing of Superman and Supergirl was Smallville and there, Kara was mentoring Clark instead of the other way around. Would be good to see a more faithful dynamic.

I also want it to be a new actor and not Tom Welling. Get some fresh blood into the role. Welling had his chance and decided not to even suit up for the Smallville finale. Plus, it's obvious this is a separate continuity. Kara, Martian Manhunter, Jimmy Olsen, Cat Grant, Maxwell Lord, Toyman, Lucy Lane, General Lane, and others are all completely different. Laura Vandervoort, Helen Slater, and Dean Cain all played different roles. I'm cool with Welling appearing as another character, like Jor-El, though. It's not like he's got much else going on...
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Judging from those lens flares, I'd guess JJ Abrams was the photographer.

The belt and boots look a tiny bit awkward, but other than that, it doesn't look that bad.

Not really feeling the look overall. Seems bland. Not memorable.

Was hoping for something less MoS/BvS like. Given the light tone and Silver Age elements, it'd be appropriate to get a Superman with the brighter blue and red trunks, which DC and WB seem determined to make us forget. It'd fit the show and differentiate it from the film version.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

I think this could strengthen what Cavill is doing in the film series.

I think the costume looks good.

I wasn't expecting anything radically different than the Cavill suit anyways. If it looks better than Cavill's, it makes the movies look inferior. If it looks worse, well... the internet comments would be even more vicious than they already are.

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 29 Jul  2016, 08:00Was hoping for something less MoS/BvS like. Given the light tone and Silver Age elements, it'd be appropriate to get a Superman with the brighter blue and red trunks, which DC and WB seem determined to make us forget. It'd fit the show and differentiate it from the film version.
So was I. This seems a bit derivative of MOS in a strange way. Also, wtf is going on with those shin guard thingies? I look around and it seems like nobody really digs this outfit.

Then again, people were skeptical about Supergirl's outfit until the show debuted and I haven't heard a negative word about it ever since. So maybe this will go the same way.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 30 Jul  2016, 00:58
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 29 Jul  2016, 08:00Was hoping for something less MoS/BvS like. Given the light tone and Silver Age elements, it'd be appropriate to get a Superman with the brighter blue and red trunks, which DC and WB seem determined to make us forget. It'd fit the show and differentiate it from the film version.
So was I. This seems a bit derivative of MOS in a strange way. Also, wtf is going on with those shin guard thingies? I look around and it seems like nobody really digs this outfit.

Then again, people were skeptical about Supergirl's outfit until the show debuted and I haven't heard a negative word about it ever since. So maybe this will go the same way.

This photograph from the set shows that the costume is brighter than the suits Cavill wore. 

http://thearrowverse.com/set-photos-reveal-better-look-at-tyler-hoechlins-superman-costume/
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Those boots just look so awkward.