Predictions for best upcoming comic book/superhero TV show?

Started by Silver Nemesis, Mon, 15 Sep 2014, 17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your most anticipated upcoming comic book/superhero TV show?

I know there are several other shows in the early stages of development, but for the purpose of this thread I'm only listing shows that are scheduled for broadcast over the next nine or so months. I'm also only counting live action shows.

For me it's Daredevil all the way. The Flash is my second most anticipated.

The one I'm least interested in at this point is probably Gotham. I'm not saying it won't be good. I'm just not excited about it.

Would have to say The Flash is the one I'm most looking forward to.

Following Flash, Daredevil for sure. Then I guess, Gotham.

Constantine has my interest, especially now that Jim Corrigan is being added as a supporting player. Always liked Jim/Spectre.  ;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

"Gotham" for me.  I'm not a fan of the CW tweeny approach to DC characters.  "Gotham" seems a bit more grown-up.  Plus, it annoys me that "Green Arrow" seems to be appropriating characters like Ra's Al Ghul and Harley Quinn when I'd much prefer to see then where I feel they belong, in Batman's world, whether it be the films (and I'm still not sure what the heck Zack Snyder is doing with the character; can't we have another cinematic Batman franchise run concurrently whilst he gets his ass into gear?), or TV shows like "Gotham".

I'm a fan of the Marvel cinematic universe so I'm looking forward to the second season of "SHIELD", which to its credit started to pick up towards the end of the first season run, along with "Agent Carter" and "Daredevil".
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Joker on Mon, 15 Sep  2014, 21:42
Constantine has my interest, especially now that Jim Corrigan is being added as a supporting player. Always liked Jim/Spectre.  ;)

I read something about the Spectre appearing, but completely forgot about it. For me, that's a big plus in Constantine's favour. Corrigan's one of the most underrated characters in the DC universe IMO. His animated short was by far the best in the DC Showcase series.

I love that eighties soundtrack. ;D

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 15 Sep  2014, 22:11I'm not a fan of the CW tweeny approach to DC characters.

I sympathise. CW shows have always struck me as having a rather cheap, teen-oriented vibe to them. They can still be very enjoyable to watch, but seldom achieve the same level of quality as other more ambitious/mature shows.

But I'm still stoked for The Flash. My only concern so far is that Gustin seems to be playing a variation of Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker rather than the Barry Allen from the comics. But that's something they can change as the show goes on. All in all, I think they're heading in the right direction. And I respect them for making a full-on superhero show with costumes and powers, when most other networks wouldn't even try. Any creases can be ironed out as the series progresses. Based on what I've seen so far, it deserves to succeed.

I've edited the voting options to include The Walking Dead (Season 5), which I unfortunately overlooked when creating the thread.