What if Catwoman listened to Batman and didn't kill Shreck?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 03:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 04:21
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 03:47
I mean the Ice Princess, whose murder was never resolved, and the various drivers the Batmobile struck on its apparent crazed joyride, some of whom might also have been killed.
Ah, gotcha. However Batman didn't kill the Ice Princess, and nor was he responsible for the Batmobile joyride. Penguin hijacked it.
Sure but he was attributed with the murder and the joyride, and the police therefore had a duty to investigate him.  And in turn he should have handed himself into the police in order to clear his name and end the doubt, and the distress, for the people disturbed by what they believe he had done.

Even better, Catwoman should have handed herself into the police in order to absolve Batman/Bruce of these crimes.

I can't believe that anyone would rest until they got to the bottom of had had apparently occurred.  In fact the notion deeply offends me.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Maybe Catwoman did have a change of heart after killing Schreck, remember that she was a good person who was driven insane. It also would explain why we never see her again. I doubt that she could've walked away from everything. Or maybe The Dark Knight is right and she'd go on living as Catwoman.

Bruce was only concerned with making Selina listen to him, I think he even forgot that Schreck was there.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 07:36
Sure but he was attributed with the murder and the joyride, and the police therefore had a duty to investigate him.  And in turn he should have handed himself into the police in order to clear his name and end the doubt, and the distress, for the people disturbed by what they believe he had done.

Even better, Catwoman should have handed herself into the police in order to absolve Batman/Bruce of these crimes.

I can't believe that anyone would rest until they got to the bottom of had had apparently occurred.  In fact the notion deeply offends me.

Like I said in the previous page, the fact that the ending shows the Batsignal lighting up in the sky must have meant Batman had been exonerated from all involvement of these crimes, but just like in Mask of the Phantasm, we were never shown that. We're just left to assume the hero was found clear of any wrongdoing, but the murders of the Ice Princess and the Valestra mob in both movies remained unresolved.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 08:26
Like I said in the previous page, the fact that the ending shows the Batsignal lighting up in the sky must have meant Batman had been exonerated from all involvement of these crimes, but just like in Mask of the Phantasm, we were never shown that. We're just left to assume the hero was found clear of any wrongdoing, but the murders of the Ice Princess and the Valestra mob in both movies remained unresolved.
But that's what offends me so.  The Valestra mob were a bunch of lowlifes.  I doubt anyone was too sad to see them gone.  However, I can't buy that the Ice Princess's death would just be left unresolved like that without anyone putting up a fuss.  It's one thing for Thomas and Martha Wayne's murder to go unresolved, but in this case the police had a lead suspect: Batman.  Even if they think he's innocent they'd have to question him and find an alternative suspect, because as far as anyone else could tell he was the one who pushed her, and she had no other reason to be up on the roof ledge ready to drop.

How could the police be content to close the case with that large question mark?  Like I said, that's what deeply offends me.  >:(

Tue, 16 Sep 2014, 10:22 #24 Last Edit: Tue, 16 Sep 2014, 10:24 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 09:16
But that's what offends me so.  The Valestra mob were a bunch of lowlifes.  I doubt anyone was too sad to see them gone.  However, I can't buy that the Ice Princess's death would just be left unresolved like that without anyone putting up a fuss.  It's one thing for Thomas and Martha Wayne's murder to go unresolved, but in this case the police had a lead suspect: Batman.  Even if they think he's innocent they'd have to question him and find an alternative suspect, because as far as anyone else could tell he was the one who pushed her, and she had no other reason to be up on the roof ledge ready to drop.

How could the police be content to close the case with that large question mark?  Like I said, that's what deeply offends me.  >:(

Fair point. The Ice Princess plotline becomes an afterthought by the end of the film. Unless, we assume that Batman somehow proved his innocence to the police off-screen and that's why the Batsignal lights up in the end.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 07:47
Bruce was only concerned with making Selina listen to him, I think he even forgot that Schreck was there.

Which probably explains his emotional state when he ripped his mask off.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 09:16

IT'S A MOVIE, DUDE! SHE'S NOT REAL.

try going up to cristi conaway and asking if she figured out how to light a tree yet. she's not going to say "omg that is sooooo funny but you know what, i did!" and she's not going to say "i'm also an actress" cause she retired. lol.

you take this WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too seriously. you remind me of the people who kill themselves over those roleplaying computer games.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 19:44
IT'S A MOVIE, DUDE! SHE'S NOT REAL.

try going up to cristi conaway and asking if she figured out how to light a tree yet. she's not going to say "omg that is sooooo funny but you know what, i did!" and she's not going to say "i'm also an actress" cause she retired. lol.

you take this WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too seriously. you remind me of the people who kill themselves over those roleplaying computer games.
The bit I highlighted is admittedly very funny.  ;D

And I guess it's just as well I don't play roleplaying games.  But what is this about people killing themselves over it?  Really?

And I know a character isn't real just as much as you know you're not really Catwoman.  ;)  But I still like to make logical sense of the films I like and the characters within them.

if you make logical sense of it batman would be arrested and thrown in the nuthouse instead of being an ally of gotham pd and the commish. it was your ugly descriptions of the commish that is what made me originally call you an idiot by the way lol.

Assuming Shreck survives with the knowledge that Bruce Wayne is Batman: then what? Shreck had no real evidence to back it up beyond his own recollection. People assume that Batman's career has to end if someone knows his identity, but he doesn't know about the Batcave or anything else. Besides, Batman's dealt with this issue before; after Dr. Strange found out that Bruce Wayne was Batman, Batman set up his own scheme to trick Strange into thinking otherwise.