What if Catwoman listened to Batman and didn't kill Shreck?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 03:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 15 Sep  2014, 19:53
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 15 Sep  2014, 16:14
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon, 15 Sep  2014, 15:44
She did have vengeance, so I think that turning herself in is possible. But didn't she say that the law didn't apply to people like her, Batman and Schreck?  :-\
I hope the law came on top of her and/or Batman.

Remember, the cops were trying to shoot Batman at one stage, until that fat buffoon Commissioner Gordon let him get away.  >:(  They should have been allowed to shoot at him and then taken the injured Batman in for questioning, instead the buffoonish Gordon let Batman get away for good and did nothing to follow-up on the fact he had driven away from the police leaving several crashed police cars in his wake.  >:(

I don't care that he save a bunch of brats.  What about the other harm he was seen to have caused!  >:(

you really are an idiot.
Why are you being so mean to someone so meaningless?  :'(

Seriously though, why are certain posters ganging up on me?  I don't understand what I've done to offend anyone or bring this abuse upon me.  :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

i'm not ganging up with anyone. this is my opinion alone. if someone else shares it, that's their business.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 15 Sep  2014, 15:32
But honestly, how could Selina live with herself after the terrible things she had been part of?
Yes. And you're not her. You're applying your own feelings to the matter.
Selina/Catwoman should have gone to jail, and I dearly hope, seeing as she was alive at the end of the film, that she turned herself in and thus, exonerated Batman of any wrongdoing.  If she didn't then Batman should have been arrested and sent to prison/given the death penalty.  >:(
I doubt she was going to turn herself into the police. These two characters were wraiths. Catch them if you can. They live for the thrill of the night and both think they're doing the right thing.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 15 Sep  2014, 23:25
i'm not ganging up with anyone. this is my opinion alone. if someone else shares it, that's their business.
But why do you have to be so rude?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 15 Sep  2014, 23:53
But honestly, how could Selina live with herself after the terrible things she had been part of?
Yes. And you're not her. You're applying your own feelings to the matter.
Selina/Catwoman should have gone to jail, and I dearly hope, seeing as she was alive at the end of the film, that she turned herself in and thus, exonerated Batman of any wrongdoing.  If she didn't then Batman should have been arrested and sent to prison/given the death penalty.  >:(
I doubt she was going to turn herself into the police. These two characters were wraiths. Catch them if you can. They live for the thrill of the night and both think they're doing the right thing.
If Selina thought she was doing the right thing why would she feel so traumatised and embattled at the end?

And if neither she nor Bruce were going to turn themselves in I hope the police wouldn't rest until they were apprehended and brought to justice.  Imagine if someone you cared about was killed by Batman or Catwoman, would you stop until justice was done?  I know I wouldn't.

Batman and Catwoman took down absolute garbage. I have zero sympathy for Max Schreck or circus members who terrorize the public causing destruction and mayhem. You do, but I don't. It is absolutely obvious Catwoman did what she thought was right. She weighed up the offer from Bruce and said no. She did her own thing. If she wanted to live with Bruce she would have. The right thing doesn't always have to equate to happiness.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 03:23
Batman and Catwoman took down absolute garbage. I have zero sympathy for Max Schreck or circus members who terrorize the public causing destruction and mayhem. You do, but I don't. It is absolutely obvious Catwoman did what she thought was right. She weighed up the offer from Bruce and said no. She did her own thing. If she wanted to live with Bruce she would have. The right thing doesn't always have to equate to happiness.
No you misunderstood me Dark Knight.  :)

I don't mean Max or the Red Triangle Circus Gang.  I have very limited sympathy for them myself.

I mean the Ice Princess, whose murder was never resolved, and the various drivers the Batmobile struck on its apparent crazed joyride, some of whom might also have been killed.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 01:12
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 15 Sep  2014, 23:25
But why do you have to be so rude?

not being rude. just saying that when it comes to batman and catwoman and batman returns as a whole, you're an idiot. or at least you really act like one.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 16 Sep  2014, 03:47
I mean the Ice Princess, whose murder was never resolved, and the various drivers the Batmobile struck on its apparent crazed joyride, some of whom might also have been killed.
Ah, gotcha. However Batman didn't kill the Ice Princess, and nor was he responsible for the Batmobile joyride. Penguin hijacked it.

Unless my memory is becoming hazy, the one thing that Batman Returns and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm have in common is that neither film shows Batman being exonerated for the crimes he was accused of committing, but they still have the Batsignal light up in the sky in the end.

RE: Max Shreck - I had an interesting debate with Silver Nemesis about the ending of BR recently. He argued how it was a double standard for Batman to not want to have Shreck killed when he has been responsible for causing more distress in Gotham than the Red Triangle Gang i.e. corruption and the murder of Atkins (the severed hand Penguin showed right at the start of the film). I argued that Batman's judgment was clouded because he was too concerned to save Catwoman from herself and wanted to salvage the opportunity of finding happiness with her. The fact that he ripped off his mask in front of Shreck goes to show how emotionally vulnerable we see Batman for the only time in two films.

What do you think?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei