A dream come true - my screen used Batman Costume!

Started by PJ, Fri, 5 Sep 2014, 13:15

Previous topic - Next topic
It's been a dream of mine for 25 years, in fact I collected the costume just a few days after the anniversary of when I first saw the movie a quarter of a century ago.

This is something I never thought I'd ever see happen, I've owned replicas, hell, I make replicas, but this has always been the dream. I had to sell my entire Batman collection to get it, but it was and is 100% worth it.

So without further ado, pics.

This cowl was used in the museum scene, which was shot very early in production, in fact it's likely that this was Batman's appearance on set to shoot.

First worn by Keaton and then by Sean McGabe to perform the stunt of Batman crashing through the skylight. The neck was torn out by the stunt coordinator to allow McGabe to look down during the stunt - much to the horror of the wardrobe dept.

Next is the emblem, labelled #02. This was damaged on set went Keaton threw it in a temper. He had just finished shooting on and had started getting out of costume when he was instructed to stay in it by Jon Peters who had arranged a surprise photoshoot by Herb Ritts for Rolling Stone. Exhausted, Keaton refused, prompting Peters to tell him "I own you!"

Keaton threw the emblem and walked off set, his double did the photoshoot in his place.

The cape is also labelled #02 and was also used in the museum scene, including the skylight crash.

It's an early cape so doesn't have the internal latex panels and doesn't have the metal cape plates, as it was needed to break away if necessary during the stunt.

This is the costume. It was used throughout the film, but was cut in half on set when Keaton couldn't sit in the Batwing.

The undersuit is white due to the pleather material they used for it delaminating from the material underneath.

Finally, some things I didn't take away with me, but still desperately want.

This is Keaton's Armani suit and shoes from the "Wanna get nuts" scene. It fit like it was tailored for me!!

Jack Napier's hat!!

Then there's this guy

Hope you enjoy the pics and tales guys.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Brilliant PJ. Love the story about Keaton and Peters!!

Thanks mate, there are few more like that. Peters was not liked!

Jack Nicholson strapping a dildo to his head to taunt Peters is a highlight.

ok so who's going to buy me a screen used catwoman costume and share a story about the claw on the right ring finger being broken because she got mad at danny devito and tried to scratch him and broke it on his monocle?

Being Batman keeps me busy your meowjesty :p

Congrats man! Can't wait to begin my own collection.

You lucky SOB.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton