Favourite Batman voice actor besides Kevin Conroy?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Wed, 27 Aug 2014, 12:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Favourite Batman voice actor besides Kevin Conroy?

I'd go for Bruce Greenwood. He had that similar voice that Kevin Conroy had, but a bit more cold and detached.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 27 Aug  2014, 12:06
I'd go for Bruce Greenwood. He had that similar voice that Kevin Conroy had, but a bit more cold and detached.
I agree.  Bruce Greenwood has that deep, authoritative voice that goes well with the character.  I also think Greenwood would make a great choice for 'Thomas Wayne' if the makers of the next set of Batman films ever decided to do a flashback.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Wed, 27 Aug 2014, 16:01 #3 Last Edit: Wed, 27 Aug 2014, 16:03 by DocLathropBrown
I don't even know the name of mine.

When I was a kid, I had an audio cassette adaptation of "The Untold Legend of the Batman," broken into three parts. Whoever the guy voicing Batman is in that is my favorite. Perhaps even above Kevin Conroy. Because the art in the story was done by Jim Aparo, whenever I see that style of Batman, that's the voice I automatically hear. And the 70s Batman is my favorite, so... that says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K92KciDNWoY
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

This is a very tough question. I love Adam West's performance, and he did a great job playing a more serious Batman in the Galactic Guardians series. But I mostly like West for his live-action portrayals rather than his animated work.

As others have already stated, Bruce Greenwood's performance is faultless. He also gets top marks from me.

But ultimately I think I'm going to have to vote for Diedrich Bader. One of the things I love about his Batman performance is how he could adapt it to suit the different tones of the series. Most of the time he played it with a note of irony, like West. But he could also be deadly serious when the script called for it. So Bader gets my vote.

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Wed, 27 Aug  2014, 16:01When I was a kid, I had an audio cassette adaptation of "The Untold Legend of the Batman," broken into three parts. Whoever the guy voicing Batman is in that is my favorite. Perhaps even above Kevin Conroy. Because the art in the story was done by Jim Aparo, whenever I see that style of Batman, that's the voice I automatically hear. And the 70s Batman is my favorite, so... that says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K92KciDNWoY

Thanks for sharing this vid, Doc. The Untold Legend of the Batman is one of my favourite versions of the Caped Crusader's origin. Though I've no idea who's voicing Batman in this adaptation...