how do you think Bruce broke up with Chase after this film?

Started by mrrockey, Wed, 27 Aug 2014, 11:24

Previous topic - Next topic
I understand why Bruce broke up with Vicki since he was acting very mysterious and strange towards her a lot of the times and she clearly wasn't happy to find out he was Batman and it was fitting not to see Bruce with Selina again since it made the story all the more tragic but why Chase? She helped him mend his emotional wounds and she didn't seem to mind him leading a double life at the end so why do you think they broke up?

Discuss...

I don't really know, she was in love with Bruce, she could help him, maybe it's because she didn't want to be in a relationship with a crimefighter? She was very interested in Batman in the beginning but that may have changed after the events of the movie.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 27 Aug  2014, 12:00
I don't really know, she was in love with Bruce, she could help him, maybe it's because she didn't want to be in a relationship with a crimefighter? She was very interested in Batman in the beginning but that may have changed after the events of the movie.

that's what i figure too. she found out life as a superhero's flame is NOT all it is cracked up to be (at least she didn't wind up stuffed in a refrigerator...) and that there were parts to batman and bruce's psyche that even a psychiatrist like herself didn't care to explore.

Bruce put being Batman above any romantic affliction. Ask the significant other of a police officer or firefighter what it's like every time they go off to work and having the worry about whether they'll come home alive. Being the flame of a superhero is far worse. They could never plan to have a night, weekend, or vacation together because duty could call at any moment.

Bruce didn't break up with Chase. She's buried somewhere in the Batcave, along with Vicki Vale and every other woman who had "trouble reconciling" Bruce's lifestyle.

Alfred was only half joking with that line about "Master Wayne's dead wives" being in the silverware cupboard. He'd do anything to protect his master's secret. Anything.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 29 Aug  2014, 15:43
Bruce didn't break up with Chase. She's buried somewhere in the Batcave, along with Vicki Vale and every other woman who had "trouble reconciling" Bruce's lifestyle.

Alfred was only half joking with that line about "Master Wayne's dead wives" being in the silverware cupboard. He'd do anything to protect his master's secret. Anything.

???