batman/batman returns dvd for $5

Started by Catwoman, Fri, 22 Aug 2014, 15:30

Previous topic - Next topic
was in walmart yesterday picking up a few things (i paid for them all...) and as i walked past the $5 dvd bin i caught a glimpse of the bat logo. i picked up the case, and on the left side was the "batman" cover and on the right side was the "batman returns" cover. best i could tell it is just the movies with the standard features (language, screen stuff, etc) but if anyone just wants tim's movies and aren't worried about all the knick knacks that is a nice inexpensive way to get them. i already got a $10 2 disc with all 4 of the original movies on them so i didn't need it but just giving everyone else a heads up. :)

Yeah, I noticed the 4-pack as well. Actually seemed pretty cool, getting the whole series in one. Batman/Batman Returns and Batman Forever/Batman & Robin (another combo pack I saw) make great double features as well.

Back when we still had an f.y.e. in my area, they randomly had a few of the Batman Anthology box sets in stock one day around 2008 (I had been looking at these in the years previous). The new ones were around $75 (fair enough), but I got the one without shrink wrap (otherwise new) for less than $50. That was a beautiful set, presentation and all. Though since the Blu Ray releases, I guess it's time to upgrade soon.

Off-topic, but since DVD was so universal before Blu Ray (and well into Blu Ray's lifespan), I've been hesitant about switching over, thinking that we might get a new medium in the future. Though the trend I've been seeing lately is a downfall in physical media altogether (with digital downloads being pushed); I think Blu Ray is the end of the road.

Yea, which is a shame because I like Physical backups. But there always custom burning and cases :D

I always wanted that box set!

Quote from: Slash Man on Sat,  8 Nov  2014, 00:10

Off-topic, but since DVD was so universal before Blu Ray (and well into Blu Ray's lifespan), I've been hesitant about switching over, thinking that we might get a new medium in the future. Though the trend I've been seeing lately is a downfall in physical media altogether (with digital downloads being pushed); I think Blu Ray is the end of the road.

Same here lol.

I didn't even realize it, but they've got the Anthology on Blu Ray (and the price has dropped to a decent amount, too). That sounds like a suitable investment... none of these rerelease have me wanting to buy them individually for their features  ::)