Pierce Brosnan turned down Tim Burton's Batman

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 21 Aug 2014, 03:03

Previous topic - Next topic
wolverine is canadian, so hugh spoke with a canadian accent. just saying. and i know technically canada is american since it is north america but everyone associates "american" with the states. you of all people should know this riddler. lol.

i loved supe's monologue at the end of man of steel where he's telling the general how american he is. "i grew up in KANSAS." lol. so yes supes is an american. i would say kryptonian-american buuuuut well you have to have a krypton to still be kryptonian soooooooo....

Superman: Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

Batman should sound like Kevin Conroy, that's the voice I think of when I picture Batman.  :)

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 22 Aug  2014, 15:45
Superman: Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

Batman should sound like Kevin Conroy, that's the voice I think of when I picture Batman.  :)

+2

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 22 Aug  2014, 15:23
wolverine is canadian, so hugh spoke with a canadian accent. just saying. and i know technically canada is american since it is north america but everyone associates "american" with the states. you of all people should know this riddler. lol.

i loved supe's monologue at the end of man of steel where he's telling the general how american he is. "i grew up in KANSAS." lol. so yes supes is an american. i would say kryptonian-american buuuuut well you have to have a krypton to still be kryptonian soooooooo....

True enough about supes although he's not technically american, he grew up in Kansas so would logically have an american accent.

As you know there are many American accents; the southern one and then New England, Alaska, Minnesota, and Hawaii have their own distinctive ones. Canada doesn't have as many, just the regular one, the newfy one and the french-canadian one. (for those who aren't from North America). For the most part the canadian accent isn't that different from American but plenty of words are different (ie pop = soda, tennis shoes = running shoes etc.) The top two contenders for the role of Robin before he was cut from the 1989 Batman film were both canadian; Kiefer Sutherland and Michael J Fox.

Interesting trivia somewhat pertaining to the topic at hand; Colin Farrell is an Irishman who fakes American accents for each film. The first (and I believe so far only) American film he kept his Irish accent for was a comic film; daredevil. The character itself was changed to Irish for him.

Anyhow Brosnan had every other aspect down for batman; the look, physicality, acting ability except the voice and since Batman essentially needs two, perhaps it's for the best that he turned it down.