Images from Comic Con

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sun, 27 Jul 2014, 07:45

Previous topic - Next topic
First, here is a first look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=104463

And secondly, here is a screenshot of a teaser trailer of Ben Affleck as Batman - in a Dark Knight Returns-style mask.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=104495

A few low-res videos of the teaser trailer was leaked but were quickly removed by WB. I saw it - it's inspired by Superman and Batman about to face off like in The Dark Knight Returns. The rumours of Batman wearing a robotic suit are true - he is cuffed onto the Batsignal and turns it on. As the signal reflects into the dark rainy sky, Superman appears with his eyes glowing red. Batman looks up with, as you can see in the image above, glowing back.

And here are a few more pictures from the teaser.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I am genuinely excited about this movie in a big way. It looks great. Gal Gadot is red hot in the costume. Sex appeal and badassery are always welcome. And we have Amy Adams as Lois too, who I enjoyed in MoS. I think these two will have that spark which boring duds Katie Holmes and Maggie Gylanhaal lacked. Batman looks fantastic, as does Gotham. I am very, very excited about the potential here. The fight scenes, batcave, batmobile and whatever else presented like this. I think Burton is going to be challenged in a big way when it comes to atmosphere. Bring it all on.

Teaser looks pretty good. Though no surprise there. This is Snyder we're talking about. A teaser, coming from such a director who excels on visuals, is going to look nothing but spec-tac-u-lar! The Frank Miller DKR vibe is there, but again, no shocker there.

On a side note, I love the over reactions at comic-con. Not sure how many different videos are floating around out there, but apparently I caught the one where when Superman appears, some guy literally sounded like someone literally yanked his ween. My god man.

Oh yeah, with the official image of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman ... not crazy about the incredibly muted colors of her costume, but that is more than likely due to the filter being used for the image. So whatever. Kinda thought she would have hit the gym a bit more, if anything to be in keeping, and the female equivalent, of the super-buff physiques of Cavill, Affleck, (and the Rock?), but oh well. I'll give her a shot. More open to what she will bring to the table with her performance than what I 'think' we'll be getting with Eisenberg.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I think everything looks great. Snyder is going to nail the overall aesthetic of it. I'm even more pumped than I already was for this.

This is the first time in *years* that I have been excited for a live action Batman-based property.  Though Ben Affleck wasn't necessarily my first choice, the images have quickly won me over.  Great nod to TDKR.

Quote from: greggbray on Mon, 28 Jul  2014, 21:00
This is the first time in *years* that I have been excited for a live action Batman-based property.  Though Ben Affleck wasn't necessarily my first choice, the images have quickly won me over.  Great nod to TDKR.
Yep, same here. This feels like the most genuine return to Burton since..well, Burton.

Fri, 1 Aug 2014, 07:36 #7 Last Edit: Fri, 1 Aug 2014, 19:03 by Paul (ral)
http://www.batman-online.com/news/2014/7/31/no-batman-v-superman-sdcc-footage-for-us

WB will not be releasing the SDCC footage for the rest of us. If you still haven't seen it then follow that link ...