Was Michael Keaton going to play Batman one more time?

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 02:26

Previous topic - Next topic

This is really awesome! I wonder if they made the suit since it looks like they got pretty far with Supermans

I don't think they would design a Batsuit for Bruce Wayne giving a eulogy at Supes' funeral. Even if they they re-wrote it from that I'll bet it still would've been just a little Bruce Wayne bit.

That's fan art by Mister Meddle of SuperHeroHype for Burton's Batman III

Yep, seems the documentary is using a little bit of BS

It would have been kind of odd and unprecedented;
Superman lives was pegged for 1998, at the time the Batman series was still ongoing with George Clooney set to reprise his role so I guess it would have pulled a superman returns and ignored the last two films.

Quote from: riddler on Fri, 25 Jul  2014, 20:12
Superman lives was pegged for 1998, at the time the Batman series was still ongoing with George Clooney set to reprise his role so I guess it would have pulled a superman returns and ignored the last two films.
Sounds good to me.  ;)

I'm guessing it will be mentioned din the documentary, but apart from Nicolas Cage as Superman does anyone know who else was meant to be appearing in the film?

I heard that Jack Nicholson had been mooted to play Lex Luthor, which is odd to say the least assuming if 'Superman Lives' was meant to take place in the same universe as Jack's Joker.

I also read somewhere that Courteney Cox was a possibility for Lois Lane which is a casting option I find infinitely more agreeable.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Since they used fanart and didnt verify it, I think I am a little weary now. Still worth a watch for the interviews though!

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 25 Jul  2014, 23:50
Quote from: riddler on Fri, 25 Jul  2014, 20:12
Sounds good to me.  ;)

I'm guessing it will be mentioned din the documentary, but apart from Nicolas Cage as Superman does anyone know who else was meant to be appearing in the film?

I heard that Jack Nicholson had been mooted to play Lex Luthor, which is odd to say the least assuming if 'Superman Lives' was meant to take place in the same universe as Jack's Joker.

I also read somewhere that Courteney Cox was a possibility for Lois Lane which is a casting option I find infinitely more agreeable.

I've heard several sources indicating Cox would play Lois. She would have been better than the two who did end up playing her since Margot Kidder. I've heard Chris Rock as Jimmy Olson, Tim Allen as Braniac. Kevin Spacey was linked to that project as well although I've also heard Lex Luthor wasn't a part of it.

QuoteMarch 4, 1998: Kevin Spacey and Courtney Cox in "Superman Lives"?

Concrete news on Superman Lives! is still elusive, but Ain't It Cool News reports that the film is officially a go, and that we should expect official press releases and casting announcements to begin hitting the news before long.

AICN is also reporting that Barry Corbin (Northern Exposure, War Games) has expressed an interest in playing Perry White, and that the casting powers may give him that role.

More casting news from AICN reports that Chris Rock has signed to play Jimmy Olsen, and that Kevin Spacey has signed on to play Brainiac. In fact, they report that he will play both Brainiac *and* Luthor, in a dual role. (This could actually lead credence to the rumors of Brainiac as a robot -- Spacey could voice the character -- and the merging of Brainiac and Luthor as "Luthiac", which I'm told is somewhat similar to the occurrence in "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?")

Courtney Cox is now apparently unavailable for the role of Lois Lane as she will be busy with either Scream 3 or Friends when the Superman movie begins filming.

Michael Keaton confirmed his involvement with "Superman Lives" in an MTV interview. When asked if he would be reprising his role as Batman, he would only reply, "Not exactly."

Finally, Corona's Coming Attractions reports that Ron Bass (My Best Friend's Wedding) has been hired to write a new script because Burton's screenplay was not well received. I wonder if WB regrets canning Kevin Smith yet?"
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news/1998-news/1998-news-movie.php?topic=1998-news-movie/0304