New Image of Affleck as Batman

Started by Grissom, Thu, 24 Jul 2014, 21:14

Previous topic - Next topic

they're making sure they get the vibe of dark and tormented out there aren't they?

Holy cleft-chin Batman!  ;D

Actually, I'm a pretty big fan of this look.  I like the 'organic', animalistic look of the cowl.  It harkens back to the first Michael Keaton Batman film where he was a shadowy loner who wanted his enemies to believe he was literally a 6 foot tall bat.  I may be wrong, but I understand that unlike Kilmer, Clooney and Bale's versions of Batman, Affleck's will be more of a grizzled 'out on his own' vigilante rather than a friendly police-friendly type of Batman, and thus the darker, creepier costume is more fitting.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Looks good, and the guy looks like Batman.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

As catwoman alluded to above so far both batfleck pics appear to show him pondering, showing the tormented side of him. That would be a nice change of pace from Bale who barely cared about his parents death but pondered non stop over rachel :)

Quote from: riddler on Fri, 25 Jul  2014, 06:58
As catwoman alluded to above so far both batfleck pics appear to show him pondering, showing the tormented side of him. That would be a nice change of pace from Bale who barely cared about his parents death but pondered non stop over rachel :)

How dare you question the cerebral wisdom of Nolan's Batman!  ;) ;D

As for this picture, again, it's Batman coming to life. I really hope Affleck will deliver.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The images are good. I'm still worried about the voice.  :)

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 25 Jul  2014, 09:31
The images are good. I'm still worried about the voice.  :)
I'm not worried about the voice.

This Batman gives me a lot more optimism than Bale/Nolan.

He's promising to be the Michael Keaton Batman of this era.

I gotta say, he looks amazing! I love the short ears, I love the stubble, I love the texture of the cowl......so far, I've loved what we've seen. This literally looks like Batman just jumped out of the comics.

I'm pretty psyched for this movie. I really am.