The 75 Best Batman Moments!

Started by DocLathropBrown, Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 09:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 09:21 Last Edit: Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 09:37 by DocLathropBrown
Just did up this little ditty! Enjoy!

http://www.batman-online.com/features/2014/6/24/the-75-best-batman-moments#sthash.zMQQPoPO.dpbs

What was fun was compiling the choices, pure-and-simple. I easily pulled all of them from my own memory, but succinctly summing them up in one paragraph each? The kind of reason I became a writer!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Magnificent, a fun read. It would have taken a while to do.

I see an emphasis on Knightfall, TDK Returns and B89 content, which I also hold in high regard.

That was a fun read, Doc. It's nice to see so many classic moments from the comics get highlighted.

And I see you have a particular fondness for the Knightfall arc. I'm re-reading that at the moment. We should really give that storyline its own thread at some point.

Anyway, good feature!

It's funny: to me, "Knightfall" is the ultimate Batman story arc, in many ways. It really plays with the character's conventions and stretches him in interesting ways (even beyond Bruce, to the mantle of Batman itself under Jean-Paul's reign), showing readers everywhere what Batman's made of.

It, DKR and Vampire are my top 3 Bat stories, and I think my list kinda shows that!  ;D
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Fri,  1 Aug  2014, 15:59
It's funny: to me, "Knightfall" is the ultimate Batman story arc, in many ways. It really plays with the character's conventions and stretches him in interesting ways (even beyond Bruce, to the mantle of Batman itself under Jean-Paul's reign), showing readers everywhere what Batman's made of.

It, DKR and Vampire are my top 3 Bat stories, and I think my list kinda shows that!  ;D

Those are very respectable picks. I imagine they'd crop up in a lot of fans' 'Top 10' lists.

Also, good call on highlighting the Galactic Guardians episode 'The Fear'. I'm always trying to direct people's attention to that one, for precisely the reasons you mentioned in your feature: namely that it's the earliest onscreen portrayal of Batman's origins, and also because it's one of the rare occasions where West plays it straight. It'd be cool if they could include it as a special feature on the sixties TV show DVDs, but I don't suppose they will.