25th anniversary releases

Started by Cobblepot4Mayor, Wed, 28 May 2014, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
This is a disgrace.  I could accept a shoddy cover if WB had bothered to collate some decent additional extras, but this is just another slap in the face for the Burton Batman fans.  >:(

The worst aspect is that it's unlikely there will ever be a better opportunity for WB to provide a decent release of these films on a home entertainment format...I guess I had better keep my fingers crossed for the 50th anniversary release.  ::)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I honestly don't know why this is a surprise to anyone - WB has always been a bunch of incompetent hacks.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Pass.

I think I'll pre-order it off Amazon just so I can cancel the order.

Hahahaha EXACTLY what I expected!

Far as I'm concerned the film recieved the special treatment it deserved nearly 10 years ago now (whooosh!) in 2005. And bare in mind all four were released then with a wealth of extra content to coincide with the upcoming Batman Begins. I find the idea Warners refuses to honour the films in place of the Christian Bale era extremely flimsy on that score to be honest.

The story of the first film's production was told quite excellently then and when the story has been told, it's been told. Sure I'm disappointed like everyone else. It depends what that marketing doc is like. If it's substantially long enough (at least 45-50 mins or so) I think it'll still be worth a look.

2005 was the real party year. It's still one of the most highly entertain extra's put out for any dvd next to the Alien Anthology. But 2014 belongs to Adam West and his upcoming series release. The real showstopper for the here and now that's at least something. Pure...West!

I'd still like to see deleted scenes and outtakes for all four of the Burton/Schumacher Batman films (I'm pretty sure they exist) as well as brand new interviews rather than archive ones, along with commentaries featuring the various writers, producers and maybe some cast members.

Really, I'd love to see each Batman film get a treatment on par with say 'The Abyss: SE' DVD, 'Blade Runner' and yes, the 'Alien Quadrilogy'.  A really exhaustive treatment.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Fri, 15 Aug  2014, 19:12
The story of the first film's production was told quite excellently then and when the story has been told, it's been told. Sure I'm disappointed like everyone else. It depends what that marketing doc is like. If it's substantially long enough (at least 45-50 mins or so) I think it'll still be worth a look.

Yep. If the marketing doc has a good running time, that's about the only way I would consider purchasing this. Otherwise, nope. Nope. Nope.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Looks like us UK folk are getting the 25th Anniversary Edition as a Zavvi exclusive. Disc 2 includes Batman Reunited and The Making of a Hero (the latter is presumably the 1989 TV documentary which is available online but has otherwise not been released on DVD).
Even the greatest masterpiece has its flaws.

Quote from: DallyWhitty on Thu, 25 Sep  2014, 14:22
Looks like us UK folk are getting the 25th Anniversary Edition as a Zavvi exclusive. Disc 2 includes Batman Reunited and The Making of a Hero (the latter is presumably the 1989 TV documentary which is available online but has otherwise not been released on DVD).
What is 'Batman Reunited' and 'The Making of a Hero'?  Have they been on previous releases, and does anyone know if they're very good docs?

Fri, 26 Sep 2014, 16:54 #18 Last Edit: Fri, 26 Sep 2014, 16:56 by Gotham Knight
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 25 Sep  2014, 14:57
Quote from: DallyWhitty on Thu, 25 Sep  2014, 14:22
What is 'Batman Reunited' and 'The Making of a Hero'?  Have they been on previous releases, and does anyone know if they're very good docs?

Making of a Hero is the rare  behind the scenes doc from 1989 released in the UK to promote the film. It's on youtube, and it's worth a watch. Batman Reunited I don't know.

I actually have the Markinf of a Hero Documentary saved on my computer from youtube, there's actually a remastered one available. It's one of the best looks at the making of the film, alot of footage and interviews, most of which have never appeared in other documentaries on the film. I'm psyched that this could be in the 25th Anniversary Diamond DeLux Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-PhMEeIlzE