Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 21 May 2014, 18:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 5 Feb 2017, 05:18 #350 Last Edit: Sun, 5 Feb 2017, 05:20 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun,  5 Feb  2017, 03:21
It kind of reminds me of Lois telling Clark during the bathtub scene how there is always a cost when you do something.

What interests me about Batman creating the Kryptonite spear is while it did cause Superman's demise, it was also the weapon that ended Doomsday. If Batman had realised Lex was manipulating him all along, he wouldn't have created the spear. Without the spear, it's unlikely the Trinity could've beaten Doomsday.

Superman using the spear against Doomsday, despite knowing one hundred per cent it was suicidal, was an act of bravery that inspired guilt and gratitude to Batman, and realises there are people out there who aren't cynical and can inspire in spite of adversity. Which is why he wants to continue to redeem himself by gathering these metahumans together for a team.
All true.

I'm very interested in how they address Superman's resurrection though. That Doomsday spike went right through his chest and out his back, meaning his internal organs surely would've been totally smashed.

I think Superman's resurrection is going to be visually spectacular. How it will happen is something I feel will bet met with overblown "controversy".

I can't believe nearly all of the best DCEU performances were given Razzie nominations. From Ben Affleck and Will Smith to Margot Robbie?! I don't usually take these things seriously, but denigrating their performances is absolutely pathetic and unjust. Maybe Affleck should've used Bale's idiotic gravel voice throughout the film, because apparently that sounds intimidating to a lot of people. Again, I'm not a fan of Suicide Squad, but Smith and Robbie were the best parts in that movie and gave it some life and humanity.

I understand there are people who genuinely didn't like MOS and BvS without any bias, but it's seriously boggling my mind how much backlash that the DCEU is getting. Especially considering when there have been a lot of overrated rubbish that got critical acclaim and keeps getting a free pass over the years. The sad thing is, this will perpetuate the idea that the DCEU is worthless, because too many people in the comic book movie going audience can't think for themselves and use critical thinking to back up their arguments.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Zack Snyder shared these portraits taken by Clay Enos on VERO, in preparation for the Snyderverse charity event this weekend.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 27 Apr  2023, 13:03Zack Snyder shared these portraits taken by Clay Enos on VERO, in preparation for the Snyderverse charity event this weekend.

These woulda made some nice collectable cards

I sort of miss trading cards. They're a little obsolete in today's world. But they were a lot of fun back in the old days.

I saw this post by a concept artist who worked on BvS.

Quote from: Jared PurringtonI have so much film work no one's ever seen.

Here are my first pass storyboards for the birth of Doomsday sequence for Batman V. Superman.

Initially, the fight took them to a bridge and had a bald Lex Luthor. Fun to compare/contrast with the final film.

Also, my Doomsday was CHONK.

(Video embedded in the post)

https://twitter.com/JaredPurrington/status/1776316757822841172

I really like the details in this compilation video. The fear shown in Lex's face as his Doomsday creation immediately turned on him made him vulnerable, a mad scientist who realised who got too overconfident after playing God. I don't necessarily mind how Eisenberg reacted in the scene, but I would've liked to see him cower before Superman saved him.

It's too bad that the bit with Superman saving the pilots whose helicopter got destroyed and the bridge sequence never got filmed. My guess is those stupid execs got too sensitive over the overblown backlash to collateral damage in MOS.