Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 21 May 2014, 18:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed,  7 Sep  2016, 02:40
Mel Gibson had apparently called BvS a piece of sh*t in an interview.

Mel has no credibility. He described himself and not the film.

If Mel thinks BvS is crap, fine. Whatever. But he doesn't come across as someone who understands that there's additional income that studios make due to merchandising with a film like BvS that can't be simply ignored. Which can be quite substantial, as Master schwartzman Yogurt can attest. Yes, the movie budgets are expensive. Yes, recouping the costs require mega profits. However, WB's BvS merchandising/licensing plays a major factor as well, and I don't see that considered in his argument at all. Just a old fashioned movie cost/profit model that's not the same as MCU/DCEU, and damn sure Star Wars.

The merch profits alone from The Force Awakens would probably blow his sugar titty mind!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

The sad thing is Gibson said that in passing. It wasn't really the entire point of his statement.

Once again news media exist to provoke and to outrage rather than just share the freaking facts.

Don't buy into it, guys.

Fri, 9 Sep 2016, 03:21 #323 Last Edit: Fri, 9 Sep 2016, 03:23 by The Dark Knight
That is absolutely true. The media has been reduced to cherry picking comments and generating click bait. The outrage industry is booming. But if you get too close to the truth, it's dismissed as a 'conspiracy theory'. More than ever we have to think for ourselves. Double standards are at play.

True. True.

If the Jared Leto quote being used as click-bait taught us anything ....

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Fri, 9 Sep 2016, 07:17 #325 Last Edit: Fri, 9 Sep 2016, 07:21 by Dagenspear
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  7 Sep  2016, 03:00
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed,  7 Sep  2016, 02:40Mel Gibson had apparently called BvS a piece of sh*t in an interview.

Mel has no credibility. He described himself and not the film.
Again, real life people are being insulted because they comment on a silly movie. It's not necessary.
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon,  5 Sep  2016, 20:32In STM, Lois is there to be wooed and rescued.

In Superman II, she's there to tempt Superman into making stupid decisions that almost get the entire world destroyed.

In Superman III, she's there only to explain why she won't be there at all.

In Superman IV, she's a non-girlfriend.

Yes, tell me more, Ms. Kidder, about how bad Lois is in the new movies.
None of that is worse than a plot device, which is basically all DCCU Lois is. It's sad to say that the DC fandom has fallen for the same trick that the Marvel fandom fell for, that the love interest effecting the plot more makes her a better character. It doesn't. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Fri, 9 Sep 2016, 08:06 #326 Last Edit: Fri, 9 Sep 2016, 08:09 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: The Joker on Fri,  9 Sep  2016, 04:44

True. True.

If the Jared Leto quote being used as click-bait taught us anything ....
Indeed. Are you excited for my top 10 reasons why click bait fools people time and time again? Are you ready to discover the shocking consequences of clicking bait? If so, like and share this post. It'll blow your mind!!!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  9 Sep  2016, 08:06
Indeed. Are you excited for my top 10 reasons why click bait fools people time and time again? Are you ready to discover the shocking consequences of clicking bait? If so, like and share this post. It'll blow your mind!!!

Attention K-Mart shoppers!

Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri,  9 Sep  2016, 07:17None of that is worse than a plot device, which is basically all DCCU Lois is.
Whaaa? In MOS, Lois is Clark's gateway into humanity. He was taught his entire life that the world most likely won't trust or welcome him. Lois is the first to prove that wrong. This is demonstrated when she chooses to cover up her story about the true identity of her "mysterious rescuer". But it's also conceptually illustrated when the AI Jor-El shows Lois Lane's escape pod plummeting back to Earth and equates saving her microscopically as "saving them all" macroscopically.

In BVS, she's without question Superman's strongest advocate and defends him when nobody else will. She even saves his life when Batman has him on the ropes.

There's just no arguing that Kidder's Lois is somehow better or more important to the story of those movies than Amy's Lois has been so far in the DCEU.

Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri,  9 Sep  2016, 07:17It's sad to say that the DC fandom has fallen for the same trick that the Marvel fandom fell for, that the love interest effecting the plot more makes her a better character. It doesn't. Have a very great day!
I never said that was the criterion I used. Kidder introduced the concept of Lois somehow not being used in an effectual way in the DCEU films so far. (A) Kidder has no room to talk and (B) it's not even true anyway. So please don't put words in my mouth.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 11 Sep  2016, 22:02Whaaa? In MOS, Lois is Clark's gateway into humanity. He was taught his entire life that the world most likely won't trust or welcome him. Lois is the first to prove that wrong. This is demonstrated when she chooses to cover up her story about the true identity of her "mysterious rescuer". But it's also conceptually illustrated when the AI Jor-El shows Lois Lane's escape pod plummeting back to Earth and equates saving her microscopically as "saving them all" macroscopically.

In BVS, she's without question Superman's strongest advocate and defends him when nobody else will. She even saves his life when Batman has him on the ropes.

There's just no arguing that Kidder's Lois is somehow better or more important to the story of those movies than Amy's Lois has been so far in the DCEU.
None of that is about her character, which basically proves my point.
QuoteI never said that was the criterion I used. Kidder introduced the concept of Lois somehow not being used in an effectual way in the DCEU films so far. (A) Kidder has no room to talk and (B) it's not even true anyway. So please don't put words in my mouth.
The way she talks, it sounds like she means as a character, not as a story or plot device. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!