Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 21 May 2014, 18:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sun,  7 Feb  2016, 22:19
I'll have to hear it in context as well as what the rest of the track sounds like. For now, it feels less like a Batman theme to me than Elfman, Walker, and Zimmer's.

These Superbowl spots are fun. Nice to see a Gotham City with gargoyles again, along with an Ace Chemicals sign.

Also interesting to see two billionaires putting on a public persona here:

Those were EPIC! Loved them! Ben looks great as Bruce and Jesse's bit on the plane was...I'm not going to say it was the "win Kitty over" moment like Ben's ferocious glare in the first trailer when he sees the defaced newspaper but he may have won Kitty over...crazy how a freaking airline ad might have done it, but still. lol.

Those ads were so good. Some one in Turkish Airlines' marketing department needs a big ass raise.

Check this video out. Batman speeds back into the batcave via his secret tunnel entrance. I think it's after his initial encounter with Superman, where the front Batmobile canopy is ripped off.

Thought this was funny:
Quote'Batman Vs. Superman' is where you go when you admit to yourself that you've exhausted all possibilities. It's like 'Frankenstein meets Wolfman' or 'Freddy Vs. Jason.' It's somewhat of an admission that this franchise is on its last gasp.
- David Goyer, 2005, about 8 years before he writes Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/may/08/entertainment/ca-batman8/3
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

When the time comes, that quote's going smack at the top of the Batman v Superman comic analysis feature.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 26 Feb  2016, 21:05
Thought this was funny:
Quote'Batman Vs. Superman' is where you go when you admit to yourself that you've exhausted all possibilities. It's like 'Frankenstein meets Wolfman' or 'Freddy Vs. Jason.' It's somewhat of an admission that this franchise is on its last gasp.
- David Goyer, 2005, about 8 years before he writes Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/may/08/entertainment/ca-batman8/3
I don't really share that sentiment. I don't view TDK Trilogy as a high water mark the Snyderverse, or any Batman product, has to reach. And going for a shared universe of superpowered beings is the best way to differentiate from 'realism'. I see the new series being an improvement in a lot of areas.

I don't know what Goyer was thinking with a comment like that. Possibly it felt pretty safe since back in '05, such a project was clearly not on the horizon anytime soon, but stuff like that reminds me of other statements in the comic book world that end up being humorous in retrospect.

"It would be a really sleazy stunt to bring him back." - Denny O'Neil on Jason Todd

Also, previous Marvel Editor in Chief, Joe Quesada, stating back in 1998, when he starting turning out the Marvel Knights Imprint, that the Punisher was just a one dimensional character prior to the revamp/alteration of him being an Angelic guardian or whatever that was. Along with the comment about the Ultimate Universe crossing over with the 616 main MU would be the time the "House of Ideas" admitting that they were officially out of 'ideas'.  :o

With Denny O'Neil, I don't believe he was over the Bat books at the time Jason Todd was *officially* resurrected, so he gets a pass. DC slapping that quote on the actual trade of "A Death in the Family" and then later doing just that is, just, .... ironic. With Joe Q, he was smoking something with that Punisher comment, and thankfully Garth Ennis turned the boat around. I'll give him some slack on Ultimate Universe crossover stuff, since I don't think (Atleast to my knowledge) that concept really got rolling until following his departure. With Goyer, and his current involvement with BvS, yeah, in retrospect that's one tactless and embarrassing comment!  ;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Yes. And IMO, bringing Todd back from the dead has been one of the best things to happen in the Batman universe. And this is coming from someone who is usually against such stunts.

Apparently the rumours about Affleck rewriting the script in his batsuit are untrue:

QuoteOn a lighter note, a reporter asked Affleck to comment on a rumor that he was rewriting the Batman v Superman script in his bat suit during production (never mind that Affleck has no writing credit for the picture).

"That is the dumbest rumor," said Affleck, who co-wrote the Oscar winner Good Will Hunting. "I just like how if I was gonna go write, I would put on this bat suit first because it's so comfortable to write in. I didn't rewrite anything in any outfit, my underwear or otherwise."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ben-affleck-alejandro-g-inarritu-876893

This is a relief. Major on-set rewrites usually indicate trouble, particularly if they occur so late in the day that the actors are standing around in costume waiting to film.

This site contains some Twitter responses to last night's premiere, and the overall feedback seems pretty positive (despite the mixed word that has surrounded the film up until now): http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-v-superman-reactions/

I've only scanned them so I don't know if there are any spoilers, but you may want to check out the article which is spoiler-free and simply summarises the reaction.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.