Batman Forever Comic Book Influences

Started by BatmAngelus, Sat, 19 Jul 2008, 20:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 19 Jul 2008, 20:27 Last Edit: Mon, 1 Oct 2012, 14:10 by Paul (ral)
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Another epic post by Silver Nemesis!

Do you have to do a lot of research for these posts or do you just know it off the top of your head?

QuoteDo you have to do a lot of research for these posts or do you just know it off the top of your head?

A bit of both. I'll often make a note of any comic that has something interesting in. Then I usually forget why it's interesting and have to go back and reread it. Sometimes I'll remember seeing something in a comic but can't remember which issue it was (I'm still trying to recall which story featured the bat-credit card). When reading the old comics you inevitably end up spotting familiar things. Make a note of them and they soon start to add up.

Speaking of which, I think it's about time we had a Batman: The Movie (1966) comic influences thread...

Great work once again. I think these comic influences threads/articles should be sticky.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 21 Jun  2011, 18:16
Speaking of which, I think it's about time we had a Batman: The Movie (1966) comic influences thread...
That would be fun.

According to Mark Hamill, Joel Schumacher watched his Trickster episodes over and over for inspiration!

Sun, 19 Aug 2012, 20:28 #6 Last Edit: Mon, 1 Oct 2012, 14:14 by Paul (ral)
QuoteAccording to Mark Hamill, Joel Schumacher watched his Trickster episodes over and over for inspiration!

Is that true? I've never heard this before, but it makes a lot of sense. I think I might rewatch that episode and try and spot some more connections.

http://www.batman-online.com/features/2012/10/1/comic-influences-on-batman-forever-1995

I'm pretty sure that issue inspired the B:TAS episode 'Perchance to Dream' as well.

Wow, this thread's been inactive for a year, and now suddenly we're coming up with all these new connections. Great work!

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 19 Aug  2012, 20:28Wow, this thread's been inactive for a year, and now suddenly we're coming up with all these new connections. Great work!
Me and my big mouth. :)

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 19 Aug  2012, 20:28
QuoteAccording to Mark Hamill, Joel Schumacher watched his Trickster episodes over and over for inspiration!

Is that true? I've never heard this before, but it makes a lot of sense. I think I might rewatch that episode and try and spot some more connections.

Yeah - Mark was on Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman Smodcast - a great 2 part interview (and they mentioned Star Wars maybe twice for about 20secs in total!). I could listen to Mark talk for hours!

I am constantly amazed at the users of this site and their ability to source the comic material.