The Batsuit and the Batmobile

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri,  9 Oct  2015, 15:49
Am I the only one not so thrilled about his exosuit? That's not how I envision Batman.

I know it's suppose to be a tip of the hat to the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, but for film, it feels maybe a little too derivative to Iron Man and those related elements from Marvel. My only concern with the regular bat-suit is the inverted production they applied here. You now have the stretch material on the outside with the rubber muscle suit on the inside. Not sure that sells all that well, but we'll see. I always have to watch these movies and see how these costumes move in light and shadow before I make up my mind. I have early concerns about tone and the general idea they're selling in the trailers, but I'm trying not to get too married to any opinions until I see the movie. I could walk out with completely different viewpoints. I'll definitely be there opening weekend. I love Batman!

Zack Snyder gives more information about the new Batmobile while honoring Bob Kane at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Wayne49 on Fri,  9 Oct  2015, 16:28
I know it's suppose to be a tip of the hat to the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, but for film, it feels maybe a little too derivative to Iron Man and those related elements from Marvel.
I don't have an issue with the armoured suit. Batman has used various different outfits in his long career, and this is no different. The situation dictates your response. In Batman and Robin there were the snow suits to combat Mr Freeze, and here, he's up against Superman. So the choice is a logical one.

I just hope we'll see him in the normal Batsuit more than the armored suit.

Quote from: Wayne49 on Fri,  9 Oct  2015, 16:28I know it's suppose to be a tip of the hat to the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, but for film, it feels maybe a little too derivative to Iron Man and those related elements from Marvel. My only concern with the regular bat-suit is the inverted production they applied here. You now have the stretch material on the outside with the rubber muscle suit on the inside. Not sure that sells all that well, but we'll see. I always have to watch these movies and see how these costumes move in light and shadow before I make up my mind.
I rather like that approach, myself. Snyder needed to visually distinguish his Batman from all that came before. He's done so and rather successfully. It gives the illusion of it being a fabric suit even though it can't possibly be. That works for me.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sat, 24 Oct  2015, 10:12
I just hope we'll see him in the normal Batsuit more than the armored suit.
I think that's a given.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 25 Oct  2015, 01:19
Quote from: Wayne49 on Fri,  9 Oct  2015, 16:28I know it's suppose to be a tip of the hat to the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, but for film, it feels maybe a little too derivative to Iron Man and those related elements from Marvel. My only concern with the regular bat-suit is the inverted production they applied here. You now have the stretch material on the outside with the rubber muscle suit on the inside. Not sure that sells all that well, but we'll see. I always have to watch these movies and see how these costumes move in light and shadow before I make up my mind.
I rather like that approach, myself. Snyder needed to visually distinguish his Batman from all that came before. He's done so and rather successfully. It gives the illusion of it being a fabric suit even though it can't possibly be. That works for me.

I'm still reserving judgment on the actual Bat-suit itself until I see it on film. I think the notion that all that rubber underneath is really him is a pretty hard sell...IF that is the suggestion. But it may not be. Given the perceived technological advances on display here, we may get some explanation for what he wears in normal garb. So I remain open minded to the ideas on display. And Dark Knight makes a good point about the armor too. If I can accept Clooney in a silver ice outfit to fight Mr. Freeze, this should be an easier sell. That's a good point.

Snyder has said the Batmobile was purpose built by Wayne himself. I much, much prefer this to Lucius gifting Wayne the vehicles in the Nolan trilogy.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 15 Jan  2016, 08:07
Snyder has said the Batmobile was purpose built by Wayne himself. I much, much prefer this to Lucius gifting Wayne the vehicles in the Nolan trilogy.

Good. That should mean no more James Bond and Q starring in a Batman movie.

I heard Alfred gets his hands dirty and is a bit of a mechanic too.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Jeremy Irons can get his hands dirty with me anytime.

Wait, what were we talking about again?