The Batsuit and the Batmobile

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, the trailer leaked online. And it's just hilarious how this is all going. The Nolan fans all of a sudden being the authority on what is an acceptable Batman voice. I just have to laugh.

Their man gave us somebody with a severe case of laryngitis while gargling marbles. Affleck's voice is at least understandable and not comical like Bale's. And even if it's not your cup of tea, it could likely just be the mechanised suit's modulated version.

This is going to get dirty. But I'm ready, because boy, this isn't a mud hole. It's an operating table, and I'm the surgeon.

I watched the leaked trailer on CNET. I don't know if it's the same one as others watched or it's another version with cleaner audio, because Affleck's voice doesn't come across as guttural or 'growly' to me. Call me crazy, but I thought his voice was digitally altered and sounded electronic because he was wearing the Dark Knight Returns-styled armor. I'd say he sounds more like Ultron than Bale's Batman.

Am I the only one who thinks that Batsuit looks menacing even when nobody is wearing it? And Affleck does look imposing in that one shot of him wearing the costume.

As for the trailer, I'm neutral towards it. I don't like it, but I don't hate it either. It's only a teaser anyway.

It seems to me that Superman's impact on the planet following the events of Man of Steel are going to be addressed, but people will still bitch about the collateral damage from the last film. Yet, these very same people had no problem with Nolan's Batman doing the same thing; especially having no problem with Batman getting people killed because of his own blatant indecisiveness and incompetence in the second one. Bloody sheep.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 16 Apr  2015, 04:31
Nolan had three opportunities and he really only entered the bullseye once with BB. But that's still nowhere near the character's full potential.

Even that's being generous if you ask me.  :-\

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 17 Apr  2015, 03:58
Well, the trailer leaked online. And it's just hilarious how this is all going. The Nolan fans all of a sudden being the authority on what is an acceptable Batman voice. I just have to laugh.

Their man gave us somebody with a severe case of laryngitis while gargling marbles. Affleck's voice is at least understandable and not comical like Bale's. And even if it's not your cup of tea, it could likely just be the mechanised suit's modulated version.

This is going to get dirty. But I'm ready, because boy, this isn't a mud hole. It's an operating table, and I'm the surgeon.

Hahaha, you sound fed up with the hardcore Nolan apologists over the last few days. I don't blame you. I just hope you didn't jinx the film.  ;)

As for Nolan Batman fans complaining about the voice, it's quite typical, isn't it? I seriously believe that many people are just brainwashed to like movies based on what the critics say. I seriously doubt a lot of these people would make the same criticisms about MOS if the critics gave that movie rave reviews. Hell, I'd even argue that had the critics never gave the Nolan movies any of the acclaim they never deserved, a lot of people might've hated them. I know it sounds like a very presumptuous thing to say, but the reason I suspect this is because there are just way too many people nowadays that justify why certain films are good only because of highly they scored on Rotten Tomatoes and so on. When people do that, you begin to doubt if they can think for themselves.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I had a listen to the voice again, and yeah, it's deep but modulated. He does come off demonic and ghostly at the same time, I think. I've only seen the bootleg, but I can safely say this Batman is the biggest and most imposing of any other live action product.

And his behaviour seems like it'll be dangerous and no-nonsense. Perhaps similar to Keaton's Batman from the finale of B89, but with years and years worth of acumilated experience behind him.

I can't help but be excited about this movie.

And it's funny, people will say it's not really a Batman movie at the core. But what an interesting statement that is. TDK Rises barely features Batman at all and mostly focuses on the dull Bane. Yet that movie isn't called Bane Rises.

This is most definitely a legitimate Batman movie even if he's just a part of it (no more than any of Batman film really) , and Superman makes for a more interesting foil than the Nolan Bane, believe me.

I don't dislike Nolan's films even if they're not my favorite interpretation of Batman, I think they did get some things right. However I dislike their fans because they keep bashing the older films and act like Nolan's are flawless.

I am convinced that some of those fans will start bashing this new Batman only because it isn't Nolan's.  ::)

After seeing the full bootleg, you can hear the voice better, and I just don't like it. I do think it's better than Bale's, but I wanted a natural voice, not something that was modulated in post. He sounds like Jigsaw or the Reverse Flash. I'm not really a fan of Batman sounding like a villain.

I'm pretty disappointed in their decision on it.  :(

Hate that the trailer's been leaked since most people's first look at this is in crappy cam quality. Same thing happened with Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises teasers/trailers years ago (I might be wrong but I think the same might've happened with the Man of Steel teaser that came with TDKR). The whole "see the trailer in theaters first" approach doesn't work anymore in this day and age and I don't know why the DC films keep doing it.

That said, I'm going to IMAX on Monday to see it onscreen and waiting for that to be my first time...

Disappointed in what I'm hearing about the voice  :(
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Count me among the patient ones (who knew? lol) who are waiting until it's released in good quality so I get the full effect. Waiting is easy when the other option is so awful in quality according to the peeps who've watched it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/DanielSipprelle/news/?a=119936

It looks like the shot from the trailer is definitely the Batwing.

Like with the Batmobile, I'd rank the Snyder vehicles as above Nolan's, but still below Burton and Schumacher's more comic book looking ones.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Yeah, for the first time, I'm really starting to appreciate Schumacher's visual approach. I guess the disappoint came from the fact that they immediately followed Burton's. Now that I think about it, Batman & Robin actually had the second best live action Batmobile IMO.

Slowly but surely we're getting back to the aesthetics that characterized the Batman of the comics.

:-[

Is that what the front of the new Batwing looks like? That's disappointing. It resembles more of a UFO fighter jet.

I know directors can't keep rehashing the same ideas from the past, but this is sorely lacking.

The chassis looks very similar to the Batmobile's.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei