Favreau

Started by Cobblepot4Mayor, Tue, 29 Apr 2014, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
I think most fans have now spotted Jon Favreau doing a small walk on cameo as an aide of Bruce Wayne during Batman Forever. Until Schumacher spoke about that on his great (and funny) little commentary tracks I had no clue. It's a shame he had no role whatsoever. Apparently he was just starting out at the time. With Batman Forever soon reaching 20 years (whoo!) Mr Favreau has certainly come a long way. Not least with his starring and directing duties on the Marvel Comic films. He of course starred as Franklin Nelson in 2003's Daredevil (opposite future/controversial Batman Ben Affleck), appeared in the Iron Man films and on directing duties and produces The Avengers pictures. Is it possible a Batman cinematic role may someday occur too? Has he ever spoken of his Batman Forever cameo?

Interestingly he's about to direct a live action movie version (in the vein of the upcoming Maleificent) of Disney's 1967 classic The Jungle Book. Without question my favorite Disney film as a kid. His style of humour and fun appeal seems perfect for such a project. It could have so many great possibilties if done right. Hopefully he will do a fantastic job. The film already has a few further comic book connections of interest. Reportedly he has managed to rope in a few of his Marvel movie colleagues to play the voices of several of the famous Disney characters. Idris Elba (Thor), has already been chosen to play main villain Shere Khan. The original Shere Khan of course was the excellent George Sanders, who played the first live action Mr Freeze alongside Adam West and Burt Ward. Every time I watch that episode it's amazing to think I'm watching "Shere Khan" in Batman! lol With Elba's particular striking voice it would seem they aim to channel a little bit of him again. Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow in the Iron Man, Captain America and Avengers films) is rumoured to have also been selected to play Kaa, my favourite character as a kid. A totally left-field casting choice at no mistake but one that I love the idea of for being so darn unexpected. Should be very interesting. The original voice of that character, Sterling Holloway, popped up with George Reeves on the Superman tv show. He also (in possibly the deleted scene I've been most eager to see) appeared in the Batman 1966 movie, but was totally cut out.

my first memories of Favreau were sitcom acting in the 90's he was on seinfeld- the episode where George panics over a fire at a kids birthday party, Favreau played the clown. He was also monica's boyfriend on Friends for a season. The first film role I can recall was 2000's the replacements.

That clown was Favreau? I had no idea and that's one of my favourite scenes in Seinfeld  ;D

Some interesting bit of casting has just been announced for Favreau's live action version of Disney's animated Jungle Book and it would seem there are more Batman connections to this project than originally thought possible with merely Mr Favreau. Christopher Walken, Max Shreck himself, has just officially joined the project providing a key voice role. The role he is playing is certainly very very surprising. It's one thing to have Scarlett Johansson inherit the late, great Disney legend Sterling Holloway's role as Kaa. It is another level of cool entirely to have Christopher Walken be revealed as playing classic character King Louie. Yes really! Walken is voicing the character once played by legendary jazz vocalist Louis Prima.

Walken as we all know is one spectacular actor, especially in the villain department. But can he possibly channel the grooviness of a character as well known as THIS? I cannot wait to see him try. Talk about left field but as with Michael Keaton I can watch him in anything. And this Disney project I gotta see for sure now.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Mon, 28 Jul  2014, 19:48
That clown was Favreau? I had no idea and that's one of my favourite scenes in Seinfeld  ;D

Some interesting bit of casting has just been announced for Favreau's live action version of Disney's animated Jungle Book and it would seem there are more Batman connections to this project than originally thought possible with merely Mr Favreau. Christopher Walken, Max Shreck himself, has just officially joined the project providing a key voice role. The role he is playing is certainly very very surprising. It's one thing to have Scarlett Johansson inherit the late, great Disney legend Sterling Holloway's role as Kaa. It is another level of cool entirely to have Christopher Walken be revealed as playing classic character King Louie. Yes really! Walken is voicing the character once played by legendary jazz vocalist Louis Prima.

Walken as we all know is one spectacular actor, especially in the villain department. But can he possibly channel the grooviness of a character as well known as THIS? I cannot wait to see him try. Talk about left field but as with Michael Keaton I can watch him in anything. And this Disney project I gotta see for sure now.

I've never seen Walken do anything for kids. He does have that scary evil look but I think he can nail the movements in a childrens film as he's an accomplished dancer.

here's the favreau seinfeld clip: